Christmas came early

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
IMG_20181223_121117709.jpg

I gave my parents a new (used) VC Resolute that I had restored and just finished installing it for them. They had their first fire in it tonight.

Their old Resolute suffered a melted fireback last season after 30+years. They are in their 80's, so the top loading feature was essential. And, no learning curve!

The bow was The Woman's touch. She wasn't as appreciative of the time this whole project consumed, but was helpful at critical times.

Getting it down the flight of steps was an epic battle, but that's for another story.

Last edited:
View attachment 236489

I gave my parents a new (used) VC Resolute that I had restored and just finished installing it for them. They had their first fire in it tonight.

Their old Resolute suffered a melted fireback last season after 30+years. They are in their 80's, so the top loading feature was essential. And, no learning curve!

The bow was my woman's touch.

Getting it down the flight of steps was an epic battle, but that's for another story.
Very nice! You're a good boy!

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
That's awesome!
A few finishing touches this morning, putting a gasket where the pipe goes into the stove, and adjustment and additional gasketing of the socket into the top.

They reported seeing some flame at these spots (inside the stove).

I had to fix the thermostat a couple days ago.

Then, they are off to the races (I hope!)

Merry Christmas everybody!

Reactions: thewoodlands
Got all the finishing touches done, and they are back to being overheated in the dead of winter.

Now I just need to make it down once a week to keep the wood stocked.

I think a new label is in order- "Stovebirds".