Ci2700 installation struggles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdclarey

Oct 8, 2020
Fargo, ND
The installer for my new Ci2700 is having trouble getting the 5.5" vent pipe to bend enough to make the attachment on the stove. I didn't get to talk with him much, but it sounds like the stove venting is at the back and on my old heatfrom box its forced to drop down too far to the front. The normal adapter isn't enough so he's calling Regnency tomorrow to see if there is another adapter, but I thought Id see if anyone has ideas. Can I cut out more of the damper? He didnt make it sound like a good idea, but he didn't seem confident either.

IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1757.jpg

Last edited:
They make a 30 deg stainless adapter for this reason @bholler might be able to help.

The installer for my new Ci2700 is having trouble getting the 5.5" vent pipe to bend enough to make the attachment on the stove. I didn't get to talk with him much, but it sounds like the stove venting is at the back and on my old heatfrom box its forced to drop down too far to the front. The normal adapter isn't enough so he's calling Regnency tomorrow to see if there is another adapter, but I thought Id see if anyone has ideas. Can I cut out more of the damper? He didnt make it sound like a good idea, but he didn't seem confident either.

View attachment 269328 View attachment 269329 View attachment 269330 View attachment 269331 View attachment 269332

Cut out the firebox to make it line up. A 30 might help but I would just cut it. Is the liner insulated? Are they going to do a block off plate?

Cut out the firebox to make it line up. A 30 might help but I would just cut it. Is the liner insulated? Are they going to do a block off plate?

I hope the liner is insulated, I paid for 25' of it. Ill be sure to ask as I assume it should be??? Ill also tell them I want the firebox cut out. I have a feeling Ill be doing the cutting as they didnt seem confident in that approach.

Block off plate? is that for around the liner where the damper was cut out, or are you refereeing to the restrictor plate that can be added to the regency?

thanks for your help

I hope the liner is insulated, I paid for 25' of it. Ill be sure to ask as I assume it should be??? Ill also tell them I want the firebox cut out. I have a feeling Ill be doing the cutting as they didnt seem confident in that approach.

Block off plate? is that for around the liner where the damper was cut out, or are you refereeing to the restrictor plate that can be added to the regency?

thanks for your help
Closing off the hole around the liner

I have a heatform similar like yours I just put an insert in. I cut it all out, messy job. See this thread here

I have a heatform similar like yours I just put an insert in. I cut it all out, messy job. See this thread here

Thanks much. When in with a grinder and sawmill and had it out in about 2hrs. Not hard, but not fun either. Ask the installers when they were coming back and they said when they have time. They are booked until March. Im thinking Ill just have them drop it off and figure it out.

I specifically asked them when I ordered the stove if they had experience with heat form fireplaces. He said he'd cut it out no problem. Then I had to cut it out and now I have no idea when Im getting the stove back. Kinda irritated.

They also didnt insulate the stove pipe, which Im not sure is needed, but Id feel better if it was. Been on their schedule since early October. Oh well, life goes on.

Hold the check if they didn't insulate and install. Time for some negotiating.