CJ-5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
sea water = total loss. kinda like any vechile from southern areas close to ocean shore lines - rot from inside out.

Learned that fact real quick with my 1993 Wrangler YJ. It was terrible in the snow . . . and heaven help you if you hit a frost heave in the Spring . . . thing would practically go sideways on you.

That YJ was fun . . . but not very practical. Heater was crappy and build quality was terrible. I had more problems with that vehicle than any other vehicle. Eventually I sold it and moved up with a Toyota 4Runner. Much more practical and the quality was heads and shoulders better than the YJ. Still . . . there's something about taking the top down and doors off in the Summer time . . . .
Wranglers/CJ's are really only good at a few things, going in the dirt and doing it topless. The new ones are pretty civilized, but only if you've only ever driven 90's cars. I'd love to have a Gladiator pickup, but we don't need a new car anytime soon.

I realize it's not the same vintage . . . but this happened this past weekend in Bar Harbor.

View attachment 2949152021Bronco drove over to Bar Island at low tide and then got stuck in the mud flats. Couldn't get it out. Apparently it was submerged with the high tide a few times before they were able to attach some floats to it and get it out. And in case folks don't realize it . . . this was the AtlanticOcean. Anyone want to buy a slightly used 2021 Bronco? Now with Salty Sea Scent . . .
And we thought the brine being used was bad.
Hello Jake at Allstate. I’ve got a claim on my new truck. 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: Nealm66
Isnt that Bay of Fundy? It was probably 30ft under water! Lol.

We used to take the ferry from Bar Harbor to Nova Scotia when I was small. We had family over there.