Clamp style warming shelves for vigilant/resolute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ovie832

Aug 25, 2021
PA
Hi there. Anyone know where I could find a pair of the clamp on style warming shelves for my resolute? (I believe the style was interchangeable for the resolute and vigilant). Any help would be appreciated!

you mean with the set screw? like this?

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: ovie832
looking at your posts, you would be the person i was communicating with on ebay. if i were you, i would look at classifieds, spot the shelves on a stove, and offer to buy the shelves seperately.

Reactions: ovie832
looking at your posts, you would be the person i was communicating with on ebay. if i were you, i would look at classifieds, spot the shelves on a stove, and offer to buy the shelves seperately.
Yep that’s what I’ve been doing. Have a set of vigilant set screw shelves coming from facebook. Hoping they are the ones that work on the resolute. I’ve heard that some do and some don’t.

The Vermont Castings 1560 Warming shelf kit worked great on my Vermont Castings Resolute III stove (that does not have the drilled and tapped holes for mounting the Warming shelves). I used set screws and "metal clip nuts" in the holes that were designed to bold to the stoves that have drilled and tapped holes in the stove top. I lightly bolted the assemblies together and then carefully adjusted the parts for a secure fit on my stove. I bought mine from a business that had them in stock: Woodman’s Parts Plus.

I added these additional parts to complete my installation:
4 - Metal Nut Clips 1/4"-20, Dorman P/N 961-313D
4 - Set Screws 1/4"-20 x 3/4"

20220221_203539.jpg 20220221_203621.jpg 20220221_213212.jpg

Reactions: ovie832 and rwh63
The Vermont Castings 1560 Warming shelf kit worked great on my Vermont Castings Resolute III stove (that does not have the drilled and tapped holes for mounting the Warming shelves). I used set screws and "metal clip nuts" in the holes that were designed to bold to the stoves that have drilled and tapped holes in the stove top. I lightly bolted the assemblies together and then carefully adjusted the parts for a secure fit on my stove. I bought mine from a business that had them in stock: Woodman’s Parts Plus.

I added these additional parts to complete my installation:
4 - Metal Nut Clips 1/4"-20, Dorman P/N 961-313D
4 - Set Screws 1/4"-20 x 3/4"

View attachment 292493 View attachment 292494 View attachment 292495
Absolutely genius!

Could you show pictures of the attachment? Also, I was wondering what is underneath your stove? Is something attached under the main stove?