Class A chimney pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnthuskers

Dec 7, 2008
East Central Nebraska
I am trying to find a store in Omaha, Ne. That sells 10" Class A Double Wall pipe. Does anyone know if Menards, Home Depot or Lowes, Sells pipe this big ? Is this something I'm going have to special order ?

I've only seen 6" and 8" Class A in Lowes (only BB with ANY chimney) around here.

Not many places will stock it. Any Duravent or Selkirk dealer should be able to order it for you.

jnthuskers,

This your stove?

Attachments

• Super Fisher.JPG
    Super Fisher.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 199
No, I bought the Kozy Heat 234 model. It calls for a 10" double wall or clay flue. I'm going with the double wall, figuring that I will save money in labor alone. Not that I am being cheap, I'm just looking to save as much money as I can. I know that I have to use one of the these (simpson , selkirk , duravent or some other brand). I just don't want a $3500 job turning into a $5000, $6000,or even $7000 job,for example. I know, I will recoup the money spent in time. My house is well insulated with BIBS. I watched the insulating contractor do my entire house. Nit picking every SQUARE INCH. I really was a pain in this guys (FOUR POINT OF CONTACT). I have great windows and doors, in my opinion.

I failed to say, that I am a DIYer. I will be installing this fireplace myself, with some help from a few friends, do to the weight factor. As a relatively new guy to this forum, all I'm trying to do is educate myself with all the kowledge that some of these people on this forum can offer, and looking for as much advice that can be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.