Class A pipe recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mark cline

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2012
Cattaraugus, NY
I’m going to install my Hearthsone Mansfield in my log home . I’m looking for recommendations on what is the best quality pipe to use . Dura vent , Duravent plus , Selkirk double wall, Selkirk Super pro or Shasta vent . Or any other brands that come to mind. The install will be straight up about 7’ through a 12/12 pitched roof of 9” polyisocyurnate insulation board and metal roof. Then up approximately ? ft. and capped. The pipe will exit the roof on the left corner of the house about 12 ft left of the peak and 8ft from the dormer . Total height is yet to be determined but will likely be 2 ft above the dormer . View recent photos.png