Classic bang 1200 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ejrpro

Feb 13, 2022
Ny
I have a classic by 1200 incest about five years ago it has worked perfectly with just having to replace the auger two years ago.
The problem I’m having now is it will not continue working after initial start. The Control box has been replaced as has the thermal coupler. I’m am at a loss both snap test one and two have been replaced. I can manually make everything work by jumping wires and pushing buttons. I am at a loss

What are you jumping and what buttons?
Welcome to the forum

The purple wires for the blower and the feed button I have also What is heat sensor on the snap desks this year if they work

Thanks for the manual I have it. I have replace the thermal coupler Brand new . Are you implying the new thermal coupler is faulty?

No, I,m not there, and diagnosing at a distance is hard
Let's start with what happens when you start the stove
Does the combustion fan come on
Does the auger start and deliver pellets to the burn pot
Does a fire start?
after about 15 min does the fire go out?

OK. A lot of the aftermarket ones are wired wrong. Try switching the two wires, then try running stove.

I have switched the wires. That was my I thought but as soon as I did orange light came on witch is thermal Coupler failure

I going through the start up sequence it stop at 7 witch is thermal coupler control box for wiring harness. I’ve replaced the box and coupler. What could possibly be wrong with the wiring harness

well<I am not that familiar with your stove or it's digital controls, I would make sure the thermostat is working, and the call(for heat) light comes on.

This may apply to your stove-

The call for heat light stays on but will not continue to run after initial start. I have gone through all troubleshooting and replaced all parts referring to the manual. The only part I have not replaced is the wiring harness which I cannot understand how that could fail

Describe "will not continue to run"
Stove shuts down completely? All motors stop?
Combustion motor stops?
Auger motor stops?

Is control box set to #1 setting? Observe control box with metal cover removed. Does Green LED come on within a few minutes of fire lighting? Does auger begin feeding pellets after green LED illuminates? It should turn red after a few more minutes. If it stays green it will stop feeding pellets as fire is not up to temperature.

Check that thermocouple is fully seated into ceramic cap. Also try opening up feed gate to get more pellets feeding to create a hotter fire

Stove has been fixed, I purchased an authentic Quadra fire thermal coupler and it has never work better.

Stove has been fixed, I purchased an authentic Quadra fire thermal coupler and it has never work better.
Interesting. I will have to remember this in case mine ever has to be replaced. Glad it is working.