Classic Bay 1200 auger feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rickyd

Jan 22, 2018
Wyoming
Hey guys, I have been having some problems with my classic bay pellet stove. It has been running good, but the fire has been a little "lazy" if you will. Tonight, I got home from work and turned the thermostat up and it wouldn't feed. I checked a couple things, thought it might work and still nothing. So I went through and cleaned, and vacuumed out everywhere inside, around the pot, dumped the ash tray out. Opened up the vacuum port on the right side of the stove, cleaned and vacuumed it out. And still nothing. If i jumper the vacuum snap disk, the stove runs, but I can't get it to run the auger otherwise. Any ideas or help? Thank you.

The vac switch isn’t a snap disc, but if you jumped it and the stove works normal then i would ck the hose and make sure it’s not plugged including the nipple it’s connected to. Then check your combustion blower impeller blade and make sure it is clean. After all that make sure the vent is clean. Vacuum all starts with aclean exhaust path.

I know, but stand corrected about it being a snap disk. I replaced the hose, and cleaned the nipple out that connects to the stove. Still nothing, will have to check the impeller blade next and see where it goes. Thank you very much, may ask for more ideas if that doesn't work!

Have you used a flashlight and mirror and looked up the drop chute, to see if any bridging is going on? kap

yeah, I know its not bridging, when I jumper the vac switch, the auger feeds the pellets just fine. I just looked into the impeller blades, and cleaned out what was in there. But it was free spinning when I first took it out so I don't think that was it. I am still not getting it to feed on it's own. The exhaust vents are clean, and I have cleaned ash out of everywhere I know. I also put in a new vac switch, and tube, as I had them here, and still nothing. I am completely lost on what I might be missing.

Just to double check, the exhaust fan does come on? And what year stove is this? Do you have a hopper lid switch? kap

If jumping the vac switch makes auger work, the only things to check are vac switch and hose/nipple, wire connections, exhaust path, that door gasket seals, check that tcouple is good and touching inside end of cover. kap

yup the exhaust fan does come on. and I don't think there is a hopper lid switch. Not that I am aware of anyways. Also not sure on the year, I didn't buy it new. But it may be ten years old at the newest. I think I may replace the gasket seal on the door, as it is worn, but not terrible. What is the tcouple?

You can do the dollar bill test on door, to see if gasket is sealing or not. You can try just pushing on door when calling for heat, to see if it starts feeding. Firepot thermocouple. kap