Clayton 1600G have secondary burn design?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thundar

Jan 6, 2012
SE Ohio
Hey guys, I have had my Clayton 1600G for 11 years. It does a great job, but I was just curious, does anyone know if it has the "secondary burn" design like the newer super efficient wood stoves do? I don't think it does, but I was just curious. I have a second pipe location, and I am thinking about installing a Hearthstone Heritage for when it is too warm to run my Clayton. My Clayton works "too good" when it gets above 40 degrees. Runs us out of the house. I know the Hearthstones are super efficient, and I'm planning on using it on those days when the high temperature is in the 40s (which we have a lot of in Southern Ohio). But I was mainly just wondering about the design of my Clayton. Burn about 8-10 medium pieces of wood every 8 hours or so with the Clayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.