Cleaned burn-pot and what a difference!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRINKSFORALL

Jul 12, 2011
Eastern Ma.
I have been burning both LaCretes and Green supremes (yeah I know most folks hate 'em) for weeks and just recently been waking up to clogged pot w/ a piece of firm "brownie" stuck in the bottom. It was so stuffed that the pellets were starting to clog the end of the chute! Pulled pot and took a hard wired brush to it and found no more than 2-3 air holes sealed w/ carbon. I figured that wouldn't be enough to affect the flame but I was dead wrong. Started burning G Supremes again for 10 hours and the flame burned clean w/ little "brownie residue...live and learn I guess! Happy New year all!

Clean stove is a happy stove. And you don't want to wake up cold in the morning. Be sure to read the owners manual and adhere to the maintenance schedule. You'll be glad you did! :)

When I had my Englander insert I had to scrape the burnpot daily and used to clean it weekly with a wire brush attatchment on a dremel. It was a good stove, just a bit too much to maintain for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.