Cleaning a Resolute III

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following advice I saw on this forum, I removed all of the insides of my recent Resolute III purchase. I have a photo of what I found behind the fire back. Looks like Fiberglas insulation. I am pretty sure it does not belong there. Looks like the work of mice. At least I have not seen it in any parts diagrams. Surely time for a good cleaning. Previous owner knew nothing about horizontal burn. Lots of ashes behind both side pieces. Using a mixture of acetone and ATF, I was able to remove all of the bolts without breaking one!

Question: On the back, what does those two philips head screws on each side hold in place? Is regular furnace cement a good choice when re-assembling the inside pieces? I saw where there was some kind of cement on the lower edge of the fire back.

IMG_7355 (Large).JPG IMG_7358 (Large).JPGIMG_7354 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
There may have been a strip of insulation that rested on a ledge that protruded from the inner back of the stove towards the firebox and on a matching ledge that is on the rear facing side of the inner back wall. Where they meet together, it may have laid across the two providing a barrier. Your mention of it just ticked a little memory from decades ago. Maybe someone can confirm. or its mice.

Those are phillips head screws? Not pop rivets? That looked like where the data plate may have went.

There may have been a strip of insulation that rested on a ledge that protruded from the inner back of the stove towards the firebox and on a matching ledge that is on the rear facing side of the inner back wall. Where they meet together, it may have laid across the two providing a barrier. Your mention of it just ticked a little memory from decades ago. Maybe someone can confirm. or its mice.

Those are phillips head screws? Not pop rivets? That looked like where the data plate may have went.
Data plate is below, behind the red strap. Attached another photo looking in through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.