cleaning horizontal (only) harman exhaust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hinmo24t

Feb 12, 2024
MA
installers told me for 1-ton or semi annual/annual deep clean that the horizontal exhaust we had installed
has to be twisted off (disconnected from stove and removed from living room wall for cleaning.
he said you will brush but then you cant vacuum out from against the fan or something
BUT i read that the TEST setting on one of the knobs actually runs the exhaust fan only, and someone said
turn it to this during a cleaning, anything you dont vacuum from inside will be blown out exhuast
did my installer maybe not know this (i dont think a lot of people do) and do you think i can clean it while connected on test
and vacuum from inside and outside while connected?

thanks