Cleaning OAK on a Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amick780

Jun 27, 2009
Northern New York
Just wondering when cleaning the pipe on a harman XXV with the OAK, how far is the ESP Probe from the back of the stove? I need to sweep the pipe and I don't want to break the thing.

Just remove it then clean the pipe, it is held in by one bolt on the back off the stove on the exhaust pipe. Just pulled it out and while it is out wipe it down and clean it.

swalz said:
Just remove it then clean the pipe, it is held in by one bolt on the back off the stove on the exhaust pipe. Just pulled it out and while it is out wipe it down and clean it.

Thanks for the good info, I will do that.

amick780 said:
swalz said:

Thanks for the good info, I will do that.

Just to let you know you can't go through the exhaust in front under the burn pot to get to the pipe in the back on the XXV.

Good point, I was going to remove the grate on the outside and brush it that way. Thanks for the help.

Just pull the rear panels off, the probe is right there above the outlet........

Lousyweather said:
Just pull the rear panels off, the probe is right there above the outlet........

Thanks, I think tomorrows job is a good cleaning, minor rust inside as well only small spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.