Clearance To Combustibles - craigslist Item

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
From a local craigslist ad:

"Couch is in very good condition with the exception of small burn holes (from our wood stove) on the outside arms, about 4" in diameter."

Very funny. We have a running joke about the time my friend's ottoman caught fire from the ashtray that was on it. The guy in the corner who nobody is hearing, saying "the ottoman's on fire" a little louder each time, finally had to yell at us, then we noticed the 12" flames! The foam from that ottoman is now used to cushion the canoe on my friend's vehicle, think of that every time we load/unload the boats.

I've seen ads for all kinds of crazy crap, from 5 used bricks (like new!) for 3 bucks each, to a "used-once" casket! Amazing that some people survive to adulthood, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.