Cleveland Iron Works F500215 Small Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rcc

Dec 28, 2012
Central MA
Has anyone purchased / used this stove? My wife wants to heat her office (about 300 square feet) without falling asleep from too much heat. Apparently it can be operated with a Smart Phone. I believe it also can be set to auto to turn off and on at a set temperature.
Her number one concern is noise. It is an office and she is on the phone a good part of the day.
We are looking at the Enviro Mini which we believe is very quiet but it is $1600 more than the Cleveland stove. Any feedback at all would be appreciated!!!! Thx.

The mini A is quiet and should not be a surprise on this forum. Mine has been relatively problem-free. I have no idea about the cleveland stove. Parts for the mini A are readily available on line and there are plenty of less expensive aftermarket parts. I had to replace my ignitor once. I will say that mine does not like to run on the lowest setting. 300 sq feet is pretty small but there are not many other options out there for smaller stoves. Also, the mini A can be picky about pellets. Hardwoods seem to run better on mine but that should not scare you away. It will burn all pellets, some better than others.

One more thing about cycling the stove on and off... you will burn out your ignitors more often. The Mina A has thermostat capabilities and you can choose if you want the stove to shut off when it reaches temperature or just go to the lowest setting. The problem with the lowest setting is mine will go out so I do not use the thermostat

Heh Hockey thanks for the information. I definitely need the stove to run on low in order to have it cycle on and off less often. I wonder if LaCrete pellets will allow the Mini to run on low? What kind of pellets to you use?
I think my question regarding the Cleveland F500215 is being answered by NOT being answered....meaning not many people have purchased it so it might be a blind leap of faith to buy it. I can not find ONE review on the Cleveland.

I have burned LeCretes.. not worth the hype on this stove, but your set up could be different. You might want to look for a craigslist mina.. Not sure how mechanically inclined your are, but with the price of oil and gas so low, and so many homes being sold, you should be able to find one in your area.

Heh Hockey thanks for the information. I definitely need the stove to run on low in order to have it cycle on and off less often. I wonder if LaCrete pellets will allow the Mini to run on low? What kind of pellets to you use?
I think my question regarding the Cleveland F500215 is being answered by NOT being answered....meaning not many people have purchased it so it might be a blind leap of faith to buy it. I can not find ONE review on the Cleveland.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to bring it back to life as I was doing some internet digging...

Looks like the F500215 is also known as the PS20W. Looking on their website, they have the EPA certification information, and this is a rebranded Ningbo pellet stove approved for sale here in the US. (Looks like they were Grace Ningbo once upon a time)

So not saying anything good or bad about the unit, but wanted to offer this up in case anyone was looking for some more information on it. Enerco Group is the distributor here in the US (they are Mr. Heater, for anyone that knows that name) and have US based tech support. They sent me some information about the controller and error codes, and looks like it needs some translation help, but at least it is somewhat comprehensive.

I may look into a Castle Serenity instead of this little guy...