Cleveland Stove Works PS20W

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wayupnorth51

Dec 14, 2021
I purchased and installed this stove Nov 19th fired it up on highest setting as directed to set paint. Heated up, not much paint smell AND then I turned it to the lowest setting, to my dismay nothing happened sounded just like it was on high. I spent hours reading trying to find info but as you know no much out there. Turned the stove off and called Cleveland Stove and waited for over a week to hear back (Thanksgiving got in the way ) I sent E-mails customer service a few times called again and again, I started trying to figure it out as I sold my older stove, no luck Finally a return call and was told I cannot use the eco2 mode that turns the stove down I need to have it turn off, I will need to invest in ignitors Was told there is very little change in fan speeds from the highest to lowest settings I am so disappointed I was able to turn down fan speeds but only a very little amount. If I set the setting on P1 and down to P4 I can hear a small change in blower speed, air temps do change 225 degrees on low 325 degrees on high temp, that is so hot Im afraid to use it if not home or at night and only on low. Bottom line this little stove could heat 2000 sq ft I hate it and am going to try to return it. I hope the folks at Cleveland read this. I have not tried the wifi I'm having enough trouble with it.

Up Date, I have not found any one that has a stove like this to compare notes, So I am assuming this is how the pellet stove is supposed to work. I have it running on Eco 1 which turns the stove on and off as needed to keep us comfortable. I must admit it works pretty darn good. The startup is fast cleans 1st blows hard to remove ash, makes a lot of noise when auger fills the burner section lights very fast blows hot and easily heat my 600 sq ft living room and kitchen. We have gotten used to the fan sound,

Good to hear. There’s a learning curve with every stove. I’ve seen these for sale in stores locally but have no use for one. One member here was recently asking about a small pellet stove for a 500 sq ft room.

Up Date, I have not found any one that has a stove like this to compare notes, So I am assuming this is how the pellet stove is supposed to work. I have it running on Eco 1 which turns the stove on and off as needed to keep us comfortable. I must admit it works pretty darn good. The startup is fast cleans 1st blows hard to remove ash, makes a lot of noise when auger fills the burner section lights very fast blows hot and easily heat my 600 sq ft living room and kitchen. We have gotten used to the fan sound,
I have the 215 mini. Can’t get it to work on eco1 works on eco 2. How did you get it to work on eco 1? Thanks

I'm sure you've read the manual but just in case you don't have one here is what it says;

CHANGING ECO MODES
1. Press and hold the Settings button until stove
beeps.
2. Press (do not hold) the Confirm button seven times
to cycle to the screen that reads “Eco Mode.”
3. Press the Time button to swtich between the
selected Eco Modes.
4. Press the Settings button to go back to home
screen.

ECO 1 MODE
ECO 1: The stove shuts off when the desired
temperature has been reached. The stove will turn back
on once the room cools to a factory set temperature.

ECO 2 MODE
ECO 2: The stove turns to minimum power preset P4
when the desired temperature has been reached. The
stove will turn on to higher power settings once the
room cools to a factory set temperature.

I'm sure you've read the manual but just in case you don't have one here is what it says;

CHANGING ECO MODES
1. Press and hold the Settings button until stove
beeps.
2. Press (do not hold) the Confirm button seven times
to cycle to the screen that reads “Eco Mode.”
3. Press the Time button to swtich between the
selected Eco Modes.
4. Press the Settings button to go back to home
screen.

ECO 1 MODE
ECO 1: The stove shuts off when the desired
temperature has been reached. The stove will turn back
on once the room cools to a factory set temperature.

ECO 2 MODE
ECO 2: The stove turns to minimum power preset P4
when the desired temperature has been reached. The
stove will turn on to higher power settings once the
room cools to a factory set temperature.
Yes I’ve read the manual, it will run in Eco 1 for around 5-10 seconds then shut down.