Clicking noise in stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

that7pin

Jan 9, 2018
Hampton Bays NY
Have a Lennox Winslow PS 40 stove for the last 10 years and it has worked flawlessly during that time until today. When I run the stove on it's low setting of 1 it clicks a few times and then stops for a few minutes and then does it again. It will keep doing this until I turn it up to a higher setting, I have no idea why this is happening and any help would be appreciated,

Possibly a worn out low limit (proof of fire) switch. It's a snap disc so it clicks when it operates. Worn out to where the low heat range isn't quite enough to keep it snapped closed anymore. You might be able to clean the soot off the switch and get some more life out of it, but if it chatters like that, it's on its way out.

Ran the stove on higher setting throughout the night and turned to 1 in the morning and the click was gone. My only guess is that something was caught in the auger feed and worked it's way out. Big relief.