Close yer windows!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Installed a new telescoping stovepipe on the stove with the improperly-connected liner (another thread, two weeks back) today. Opened two windows earlier this evening, one on either end of the family room, to ventilate the smoke coming off the fresh paint on the new tube. It seemed to do the trick.

Was just in bed, and then thought of those two windows. Ran downstairs to check, and found I had forgotten to close them. It may be an indication of just how draft this place is, that we had two windows open for an hour or two, and failed to notice any real difference.

Reactions: Don Williams
hit the lotto and insulate will ya?!

Ouch! I notice if I leave the window near the stove open 1/2"!

Yep, been there, done that. It was in the 30s over the weekend and a little windy. Our front door closes but doesn't latch unless you pull up on it (tree damage during Sandy pushed the house all out of whack so the frame isn't square) i was in the living room, where the stove is, when I thought it was a bit chillier of a draft than usual. Who knows how long the door was open but I was pretty surprise to see it wide open! Thank goodness we start construction next week to get all this mess fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.