Coal Stoker advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my BigE might be sold in a week or so and Ive been looking around at different stoves and a local dealer turned me on to a Leisure line coal stoker.. I'm really impressed with them as far as the BTU output, very easy maintenance and clean buring... I had checked the smaller unit out this past week at someones house I know ,and after talking to him about it "a long time wood burner"decided to get one. He takes about it alot and very pleased. It put out alot of heat I was impressed. Just curious if anyone has any experience with Leisure Line Stoves... They look well made and I talked to the owners via email and they seem very helpful with answering any questions I had and plus its American made..

Hello. You wont regret switching to coal. They leisure line stove seem to be well made stoves at a reasonable price. I have conversed with several owners of their stoves and they are very happy with them. I own a keystokers stove, but am quite impressed with the leisure line "high fire I and II". They Pocono seems like a nice unit too. Unfortunately not too many people on this site have realized the benefits of coal. You may want to try the coal forum - www.nepadigital.com they have numerous people on that forum with leisure lines. Good luck.

Michael6268 said:
Hello. You wont regret switching to coal. They leisure line stove seem to be well made stoves at a reasonable price. I have conversed with several owners of their stoves and they are very happy with them. I own a keystokers stove, but am quite impressed with the leisure line "high fire I and II". They Pocono seems like a nice unit too. Unfortunately not too many people on this site have realized the benefits of coal. You may want to try the coal forum - www.nepadigital.com they have numerous people on that forum with leisure lines. Good luck.

Yea I might get the Pioneer Le... I was thinking the Pocono and eventually hooking it up to my existing furnace but not to sure with the added expense and what not. If i get the Pioneer I can hook it up to might existing stove pipe from my wood stove. Thanks for the info though..

Yeah, the pioneer is an excellent choice too. I have always heated with coal in a furnace type appliecation via my ductwork so I kinda forget the freestanders, but the pioneer is a very nice freestanding stove.

I was up and running fine for weeks, now I notice that she's gone. Must have an issue to resolve.

As for coal, I would switch in an instant if I could dispose of the ash easily. I was looking at a Keystoker 90, mounted in the basement with a fan and ductwork to the first floor. Leisureline has the same concept available. Also, the Leisureline representative is a regular poster on NEPA. If you do go coal, be certain to get a Coal-Trol, it will reduce your coal use significantly.

-- Mike

Mike Wilson said:
I was up and running fine for weeks, now I notice that she's gone. Must have an issue to resolve.

As for coal, I would switch in an instant if I could dispose of the ash easily. I was looking at a Keystoker 90, mounted in the basement with a fan and ductwork to the first floor. Leisureline has the same concept available. Also, the Leisureline representative is a regular poster on NEPA. If you do go coal, be certain to get a Coal-Trol, it will reduce your coal use significantly.

-- Mike
Yea it must be down I cant connect again. Yes I defiantly will get it with the coal-trol. They are coming out with a automatic igniter also I just watched the video. I believe they are in production now... I got a price on a pioneer Le top vent with Coal-Trol, 1/2 ton of coal, and a bunch of fire starters for $2200. Thats the best deal I could come across other than possibly a ALASKIA STOKER for trade for my BigE...

Status
Not open for further replies.