Collection agencys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a good one ?
High collection rates
Low fees
One that has no physical (state) boundaries
Reports to all credit agencies

Cousin Paulie, and he is from NY too.
100% collection rate
you will owe him a favor
no physical boundries
no need it wont happen again, ever

Cousin Paulie, and he is from NY too.
100% collection rate
you will owe him a favor
no physical boundries
no need it wont happen again, ever
Has his own Cement Mixer......

Reactions: Bobbin
There's no such thing as a "good collection agency." You'll pay them up front and no guarantee.

They don't get paid up front here. You send them the account info, and if they collect on it, they send the collected amount less their commission/fees.

Many accounts but small amounts per account. 80% - under $50. The other 20% ,$50-$100.
In my mind I've already written these off. If I collect some fine,, but my main goal is to get these dead beats a mark on their credit.
I just want a reputable collection agency.

They don't get paid up front here. You send them the account info, and if they collect on it, they send the collected amount less their commission/fees.
yep, here too

I also found a lot of them DO NOT report to the credit people. I ask that and do not hire those companies that do not report,,,,after all,,,that is an important part of it to me. Report the deadbeat.

Many accounts but small amounts per account. 80% - under $50. The other 20% ,$50-$100.
In my mind I've already written these off. If I collect some fine,, but my main goal is to get these dead beats a mark on their credit.
I just want a reputable collection agency.

If they are local, pay them a visit.

If they are local, pay them a visit.
People tend not to answer the door when a 6'5" ,,, 290 lb bearded man is ringing their doorbell.
Face to face collections do not work any better than mail collections and my seat time is worth more than a collection agency. I refuse to take 3 steps forward and 6 back .

Has his own Cement Mixer......

New York is a Union state, cousin Paulie collects, Uncle Lenny makes the shoes.

Seriously though, I have had very good results collecting bad debt by filing a small claims case. Most call me cursing me out and I reply Pay me what you owe me plus the 75 dollar filing fee and I will drop the case. If they do not show at court you can get a judgment and then file a lien. Then they will call and curse you some more, some I have only broken even on but to me it is strictly principle. I recently collected on one that I filed a lien on about 1996, they sold the house and had to pay me to be able to close. I had some fun with that, took my time fling the lien release.

Reactions: Beer Belly

Seriously though, I have had very good results collecting bad debt by filing a small claims case. Most call me cursing me out and I reply Pay me what you owe me plus the 75 dollar filing fee and I will drop the case. If they do not show at court you can get a judgment and then file a lien. Then they will call and curse you some more, some I have only broken even on but to me it is strictly principle. I recently collected on one that I filed a lien on about 1996, they sold the house and had to pay me to be able to close. I had some fun with that, took my time fling the lien release.
Ive filed half a dozen or better small claims over the years and every one was thrown out of court , the deadbeat didn't own a single thing to lien or after the lien was filed the county tax foreclosed on their property wiping out the lien. If you rent and don't own chit you can get away with anything. The law has no teeth.
Like I said these are small amounts and in the back of my mind I've written them off. It will be a load off my mind just to hand a file of info to a collection agency. I just want one with some teeth.

Last edited:

What did the lien cost? Doesn't the lien run out in a few years, and have to be refilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.