Combustion fan for pleasant hearth pellet stove ph50cabp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GregP507

Oct 15, 2023
Alberta CA
After several years of frequent use, the combustion fan began to rattle and eventually came loose. Upon inspection, I found that only the rubber mount for one of the shaft bushings had failed. The bronze bushing bearing looked otherwise OK. I searched for a rubber grommet which would fit, and I eventually found one. But the fan was stiff and didn't seem to turn easily. It was one side of the grommet being squashed between the end of the fan cage and end wall, acting like a brake. I trimmed off the excess rubber with a razor knife, and it worked, but made loud screeching noises from rubber rubbing on metal. Liberal doses of spray lube seemed to work, and it eventually straightened out. That also helped to lubricate the bronze bushing.