Comments on castle serenity stove ......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sytamra

Jul 7, 2017
New Mexico
I finished the installation of the new Castle Serenity last week. The back panel was touching the exhaust so I removed it and trimmed some metal away to make clearance for the vent pipe. No big deal, and it let me inspect the guts while I was at it. I found an exhaust blower wire disconnected and got that secured. After hooking everything up I fired the stove up on manual and let it run through all five settings for a total of about a half an hour . Great heat! I am impressed! I't did seem like poping popcorn in the fire pot so today I closed the the air inlet down in two stages till it wasn't pitching out pieces o burning pellets (lignetics) and the flame still looked very lively.
I tried the temp setting and it appears the temp sensor picks up some stove heat so so if I want 72 degrees in the house I may need to set the temp to something higher but that will be fine tuned when winter sets in. So far, I'm a very happy camper.
One question.....do you that own a Serenity prefer using manual, temp, or weekly settings? Only one day a week that the wife an I are both out of the house, so we can monitor it with no problem but would like to make it as nuisance free as possible.
Thanks
BA

manual worked best for me but my house is only 1200 sq. feet and double insulated so the stove would just chug along on heat setting 1, I would use the timer feature alot though. congrats on a great stove