Comparing wood stoves need advice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
I am new to your site, but have spent many hours here reading! I am comparing 4 stoves, and I am looking for best overall burns, and long burns! My house is 2500 ft. with a full basement! I currently have a Fisher wood stove! I have been burning wood all year with good results! My furnace has run for about 30 minutes all winter! I have updated the attic insulation to 18" of fiberglass blow in! One of the best things I have done! This summer I plan on reinsulating the down stairs! My wood stove is in the basement with an inside masinary chimney! The chimney is one of the best drafting chimneys I have even seen! I wanted to up grade my wood stove so I am looking at the following 4 stoves! I know the basics of size, and heating capacity , and all that is good, but I am looking for real world people to tell me what stove they like, and why they like it , and out of the 4 which is best!

Sumiit Classic

Quad 5700

Country Canyon St310

Napolean 1900

Get the PE Summit.

Anyone will tell you that that is a really good stove.

Carpniels

PS. I don't know any of the others, neither do I have the PE. I run a Quadrafire Isle Royale, which I believe should have been in that list too.

I am with the Summit here too; why not get the Rolls Royce?

Congratulations on putting insulation at the top of your list. It will payoff no matter what your decision is. All of the stoves you are considering are good stoves. You won't go wrong with any of them. Pick the stove that has the features you like from a dealer you trust to do a good install and provide good support.

Status
Not open for further replies.