Conceal Thermostat Wire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stiguy04

Jan 18, 2015
Longview, WA
I want to hide the thermostat wire for my pellet stove in the wall and route to a thermostat in a further away location. Instead of using that concealing plastic management stuff along baseboard or wall I was going to run a drop in the wall and route it through the attic. Can I connect from the stove to a wall plate via RJ11 connectors or RJ45 as long as the pins line up the wires on both ends? I am using 2 wire thermostat wire.

I would think that would work fine. Just be sure to mark the wall plates as to what they are for.

I want to hide the thermostat wire for my pellet stove in the wall and route to a thermostat in a further away location. Instead of using that concealing plastic management stuff along baseboard or wall I was going to run a drop in the wall and route it through the attic. Can I connect from the stove to a wall plate via RJ11 connectors or RJ45 as long as the pins line up the wires on both ends? I am using 2 wire thermostat wire.
Ever consider getting a wireless one? You could put it anywhere you want then with no wire. Just a thought.

Ever consider getting a wireless one? You could put it anywhere you want then with no wire. Just a thought.
I have, but the one I have now is very new and does everything I need. I'd rather just do a couple drops in the attic and make do with what I have. Good thought though. If I was replacing an old tstat I would def go that route.

Love my wireless t-stat

Status
Not open for further replies.