New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Concord, NH Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
So Lowes seems to be stocking up early (see thread on Bedford, NH Lowes getting pellets in). HD, I haven't seen any - doesn't mean they don't have them, just don't have them displayed or signs up informing people.

Anyway, I was at Lowe's on Sunday and they were stocked with Inferno Golds softwood which is selling for $279/ton. They also had Green Team (gobs of this going out in the gardening area) and Maine's Choice - both are hardwood pellets. I didn't ask price on those, but the cashier that told me the price of the Infernos said that the GT and MC were more expensive because they were better pellets. I have burned the MC, and they are okay pellets so I shudder to think what the Inferno's are like.

Maine's Choice are OK but plenty of better ones out there. I wouldn't put MC pellets on a premium level like Turman's hardwood pellets.

Inferno pellets are terrible they should be 150 a ton. Wose than green supreme. I was lucky enough to cash in on a prebuy special in my area for blazers at 299, i bought 3 ton wo tout hesitation based on reviews here. First year this pellet has shown up in my immediate area. I think I will be happy since middle to lower pellets are selling at 279 this early before seson starts. Bob kraft owns inferno wood pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.