New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Bedford, NH Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add to the information.
I was at the Lowe's Rochester store Sunday afternoon to put my name on my four pallets to be
delivered to me. Yes, it is a good idea to pick out the pallets that you want,of the brand that you want..
But Lowe's did assure
me that I would receive pallets, undamaged. Much of Lowe's is poorly managed and communications
are lost all the time. Do Not depend on Lowes to provide accurate information. Even the assistant
manager did not know what brands of pellets Lowe's Rochester had in-stock.
I have a good friend who works at Lowe's Rochester. (She was a nurse in an earlier life, hence, she
is one of the best employees at Lowe's. Send me a private message if you want to learn her name
as she is one of the better sources at Lowe's Rochester.)

She told me that from day the day the directives that come down from
corporate change. With her assistance to keep it legal, she and I spent about 20 minutes behind the store
so I could look over the pallets. Lowe's has the following brands: Maine's Choice, Inferno Gold, Nature's Own,
Nation's Choice, North American, and Green Team.

I would estimate that there were 100 pallets out back of the store. But Lowe's Rochester is officially
"sold-out"

There is substantial damage to pallets. All of which is caused by poorly skilled forklift operators and people
just crashing into pallets. I saw whole corners tore-off pallets. But having said that, *majority* of the pallets,
in my opinion, do not have more than 10 damaged bags (bags partly turned into sawdust).

I asked my friend what is Lowe's going to do with the damage pallets? She said that damaged pallets are
opened-up and bags are are sold individually within the store. I reminded her that Lowe's has no individual bags
for sale right now. She said that Lowes might just discard some of the damaged bags and get credit back from
the mill, but she did admit that most of the damage happened at Lowe's. I asked her if Lowe's would open-up all
damage pallets and re-stack the good bags to make 50 goods bags in each pallets. She said, "No, too much
work."

I asked her if Lowe's would reduce the price further such as $50/pallet and sell the pallet as is. She said that she
does not recall it being done in the past 3 years that she worked there, but it is possible. She told me to call back
every week or two.

The point that I want to share with you is these BBS have a lot a miscommunications and it is a very fluid situation.
You will hear different stories from different people, different days, from different stores,different from
the website. There is NO uniformity.
Today I got my delivery of my 8 tons from the concord store . Driver was friendly . He also mentioned what ever is damaged to call the store and they will issue a credit over the phone . Hassle free !

Reactions: bogieb
I will add to the information.
I was at the Lowe's Rochester store Sunday afternoon to put my name on my four pallets to be
delivered to me. Yes, it is a good idea to pick out the pallets that you want,of the brand that you want..
But Lowe's did assure
me that I would receive pallets, undamaged. Much of Lowe's is poorly managed and communications
are lost all the time. Do Not depend on Lowes to provide accurate information. Even the assistant
manager did not know what brands of pellets Lowe's Rochester had in-stock.
I have a good friend who works at Lowe's Rochester. (She was a nurse in an earlier life, hence, she
is one of the best employees at Lowe's. Send me a private message if you want to learn her name
as she is one of the better sources at Lowe's Rochester.)

She told me that from day the day the directives that come down from
corporate change. With her assistance to keep it legal, she and I spent about 20 minutes behind the store
so I could look over the pallets. Lowe's has the following brands: Maine's Choice, Inferno Gold, Nature's Own,
Nation's Choice, North American, and Green Team.

I would estimate that there were 100 pallets out back of the store. But Lowe's Rochester is officially
"sold-out"

There is substantial damage to pallets. All of which is caused by poorly skilled forklift operators and people
just crashing into pallets. I saw whole corners tore-off pallets. But having said that, *majority* of the pallets,
in my opinion, do not have more than 10 damaged bags (bags partly turned into sawdust).

I asked my friend what is Lowe's going to do with the damage pallets? She said that damaged pallets are
opened-up and bags are are sold individually within the store. I reminded her that Lowe's has no individual bags
for sale right now. She said that Lowes might just discard some of the damaged bags and get credit back from
the mill, but she did admit that most of the damage happened at Lowe's. I asked her if Lowe's would open-up all
damage pallets and re-stack the good bags to make 50 goods bags in each pallets. She said, "No, too much
work."

I asked her if Lowe's would reduce the price further such as $50/pallet and sell the pallet as is. She said that she
does not recall it being done in the past 3 years that she worked there, but it is possible. She told me to call back
every week or two.

The point that I want to share with you is these BBS have a lot a miscommunications and it is a very fluid situation.
You will hear different stories from different people, different days, from different stores,different from
the website. There is NO uniformity.
Today I got my delivery of my 8 tons from the concord store . Driver was friendly . He also mentioned what ever is damaged to call the store and they will issue a credit over the phone . Hassle free !

That is an impressive amount of pellets to receive on one order. I received the completion of four more tons of Natures Own, this morning
from Lowe's, Rochester. The driver said there is about 75 tons still remaining behind the store. I left all of my contact
information with Lowe's Rochester Customer Service for when they want to reduce the price to $50/ton and move the
rest. I will post the information when I receive it.

So $99 is just too much to pay?
The pallets that will be left after the deliveries of the current sales are the pallets that have severe damage.
Lowe's has said they are not going to deliver damaged pallets to any customers who bought during the
past sale. A source who works at a different store (who is prohibited from purchasing) has told me that the
damaged pallets are being moved by forklift and dropped in the compression dumpster, at his
store. It is all going
to the trash pile.
The pallets have been hit by trucks, damaged by forklift, and have absorbed water.
I am thinking of offering $50 for a
damaged pallet and I will take the pallet home in my trailer, unstack the bags by hand, set aside the good
bags, probably put the sawdust into buckets. And sweep up my garage floor.
My offers allows Lowe's to receive $50/damaged pallet, I invest some sweat equity and I get some good bags
of pellets out of it. The saw dust I can either send it to my compose pile to eventually end up
in the soil. Or I can dry out the saw dust over time, mix it with good pellets and burn it. I have done
that in the past.

I have not thought it all through. Maybe I purchase one pallet, first, and see how much work it
is to sort out all the bags, and clean-up the saw dust. I am not sure what would be the yield of
good bags coming out of one damaged pallet. I do not know how far the rain has seeped into the inner
portion of the pallet.

Up to now, myself, my $99.50/ton purchases have been good pallets. And Lowe's told me that are
not going to risk delivering a damaged pallet to a customer, who purchased over the past $99.50/ton
sale.

If you are asking me whether I would pay $99 for a damaged pallet. I do not know, because I have
not had the chance to take a part a pallet to find out the yield of good bags. Based on not knowing the
yield and the condition of the inner portions of the pallet, right now I feel comfortable offering $50
per damaged pallet. It is kind of a balance between price and uncertainity over the number of useful bags of pellets remaining in the damaged pallet.

If I recall correctly, you live within driving distance of the Rochester Store. Feel free to send me
a PM if you want to brain store ideas. The closest Lowe's to me are actually Greenland and Epping.

Last edited:
Thanks Lowes, love my 8 tons of saw dust.

dJAKGYl.jpg
8OxUcgI.jpg

The pallets that will be left after the deliveries of the current sales are the pallets that have severe damage.
Lowe's has said they are not going to deliver damaged pallets to any customers who bought during the
past sale. My sources within Lowe's (who are prohibited from purchasing) have told me that the
damaged pallets are being moved by forklift and dropped in the compression dumpster. It is all going
to the trash pile.
The pallets have been hit by trucks, damaged by forklift, and have absorbed water.
I am thinking of offering $50 for a
damaged pallet and I will take the pallet home in my trailer, unstack the bags by hand, set aside the good
bags, probably put the sawdust into buckets. And sweep up my garage floor.
My offers allows Lowe's to receive $50/damaged pallet, I invest some sweat equity and I get some good bags
of pellets out of it. The saw dust I can either send it to my compose pile to eventually end up
in the soil. Or I can dry out the saw dust over time, mix it with good pellets and burn it. I have done
that in the past.

I have not thought it all through. Maybe I would pay $99 for one pallet and see how much work it
is to sort out all the bags, and clean-up the saw dust. I am not sure what would be the yield of
good bags coming out of one damaged pallet. I do not know far the rain of seeped into the inner
portion of the pallet.

Up to now, myself, my $99.50/ton purchases have been good pallets. And Lowe's told me that are
not going to risk delivering a damaged pallet to a customer, who purchased over the past $99.50/ton
sale.
I
Thanks Lowes, love my 8 tons of saw dust.

View attachment 177240
View attachment 177241
i would sort the good from the bad and call to get credit . I called for credit and was givin without issue .

Reactions: Orson_Yancey
I

i would sort the good from the bad and call to get credit . I called for credit and was givin without issue .

not al lowes are equal, you went to concord. concord was out i had to go to seabrook. i was told multiple times a "couple" of bags would be damaged. That doesnt mean Im not going to raise hell. this is a far cry from a couple and they are mostly on top so who knows how deep the rabbit holes goes.
If I have to talk to corporate i will. this is total bull when everyone else is getting credit for ANY damaged bags

not al lowes are equal, you went to concord. concord was out i had to go to seabrook. i was told multiple times a "couple" of bags would be damaged. That doesnt mean Im not going to raise hell. this is a far cry from a couple and they are mostly on top so who knows how deep the rabbit holes goes.
If I have to talk to corporate i will. this is total bull when everyone else is getting credit for ANY damaged bags
SininStyle,
Lowe's has told me that they will credit for bad bags. Definitely push Lowe's to refund you for any bad bags.
The reports I am getting is that Seabrook had a large number to damaged pallets -- pallets being dropped
into the compacter. Rochester has a few dozen
that I saw Sunday afternoon. Greenland and Epping sorted through the bad palles, picking out good donor bags
to be moved over to other wounded pallets. I have been told that Lowe's has be adding an 11th layer of good bags
placed on top of a bad pallet to "make-up for bad bags". Then wrapping the whole pallet again. I have seen
many Maine's Choice Pallets that have been re-wrapped with clear plastic. Talk to the delivery manager, if you
can not solve the problems through customer service. What brands of wood pellet did you receive?
I saw a lot of Maine's Choice damage at the Rochester store because Maine Choice was the
largest brand in stock and because in my opinion, Maine's Choice covers with the thinnest plastic.

Please let us know how this turns-out.

Last edited:
SininStyle,
Lowe's has told me that they will credit for bad bags. Definitely push Lowe's to refund you for any bad bags.
The reports I am getting is that Seabrook had a large number to damaged pallets -- pallets being dropped
into the compacter. Rochester has a few dozen
that I saw Sunday afternoon. Greenland and Epping sorted through the bad palles, picking out good donor bags
to be moved over to other wounded pallets. I have been told that Lowe's has be adding an 11th layer of good bags
placed on top of a bad pallet to "make-up for bad bags". Then wrapping the whole pallet again. I have seen
many Maine's Choice Pallets that have been re-wrapped with clear plastic. Talk to the delivery manager, if you
can not solve the problems through customer service. Please let us know how this turns-out.

sounds like there is hope but i think calling lowes in seabrook is a lost cause. maybe CS is a better bet. I will have to break down 8 tons to get a real idea how bad it is but even then its going to be hard. when pellets first get damaged they swell int he bag and its easy to spot. these seems to be old as hell so they have swelled then turned to sawdust. so simply handling a bag will be hard tot ell if its been compromised.

sounds like there is hope but i think calling lowes in seabrook is a lost cause. maybe CS is a better bet. I will have to break down 8 tons to get a real idea how bad it is but even then its going to be hard. when pellets first get damaged they swell int he bag and its easy to spot. these seems to be old as hell so they have swelled then turned to sawdust. so simply handling a bag will be hard tot ell if its been compromised.
I certainly feel for the dilemma you are in. Eight tons is a lot of work to sort through. And I hope you have enough
indoor space to store the 4 to 6 tons of good bags that it yields. If it is of any help to you, I will state the recently
Aubuchon has been running a sale on 5 gal. plastic buckets. $2 each. No limits. I purchased 20 buckets last
week to use for holding saw dust, loose pellets, etc.

Did you purchase these during the recent $99.50/ton sale?

I certainly feel for the dilemma you are in. Eight tons is a lot of work to sort through. And I hope you have enough
indoor space to store the 4 to 6 tons of good bags that it yields. If it is of any help to you, I will state the recently
Aubuchon has been running a sale on 5 gal. plastic buckets. $2 each. No limits. I purchased 20 buckets last
week to use for holding saw dust, loose pellets, etc.

Did you purchase these during the recent $99.50/ton sale?

yeah it was during the $99 sale.
Im not done, will hopefully be getting 5tons of Okies from that other deal going also.
I have a 600sq/ft Barn with a equally large basement. I only dare to put 6 tons up top. No idea what it could really hold. eventually i want to put larger pillars under and more bracing.

Reactions: Orson_Yancey
yeah it was during the $99 sale.
Im not done, will hopefully be getting 5tons of Okies from that other deal going also.
I have a 600sq/ft Barn with a equally large basement. I only dare to put 6 tons up top. No idea what it could really hold. eventually i want to put larger pillars under and more bracing.

What Okies deal? Spill so others can get in on it :)

You should be able to get a lot of tonnage in a 600 sq/ft area. My basement is 650 sq/ft and I put 3 tons on two pallets so it only takes up, what, a 4x8 section of floor? If I didn't have my conventional heating system, the P61 (which needs nearly 2' clearance on either side) my work shop, the laundry, storage and other stuff down there, I could stuff it silly and have about 10 years worth.

What Okies deal? Spill so others can get in on it :)

You should be able to get a lot of tonnage in a 600 sq/ft area. My basement is 650 sq/ft and I put 3 tons on two pallets so it only takes up, what, a 4x8 section of floor? If I didn't have my conventional heating system, the P61 (which needs nearly 2' clearance on either side) my work shop, the laundry, storage and other stuff down there, I could stuff it silly and have about 10 years worth.
He's referring to the the gentlemen from Newton who started a pellet business there's another thread about it

He's referring to the the gentlemen from Newton who started a pellet business there's another thread about it
Ahh, already done that, didn't know if there was someone else dealing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.