Connecting black double wall pipe to the round ceiling box?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnclaude

Jul 17, 2018
E7D7873F-F9A0-4396-B237-178341145B8D.jpeg
I’ve search but not found exactly what I need to make this attachment. It seem like it would need something to slip up in the class a pipe but the box has a lip with holes. Do I just attach the double wall to the box. It seems like that would cause the box to heat up?

Is this system Duravent with DVL stovepipe? If so, yes, it needs an adapter. If not DuraVent, what brand chimney support box is this?

The support box looks very close to the wall. Is it less than 6"?

I have a Selkirk SureTemp chimney. I think the set up is the same and I am assuming that is where your chimney is supported not at the roof. Last week I added a damper above the stove collar so had things apart. The adapter that Johnclaude shows threads into the the bottom of of the bottom chimney section before it is set down into the support box. The crimped part of the adapter drops down through what your picture looks to show. Can you take a pic from a different angle? . The crimped end of the DSP pipe goes up outside the crimped end of the adapter. Yeah, crimped end over crimped end. The dsp pipe also slides up inside the lip of the round part of the box and is screwed to the lip through those holes.

Definitely don’t just try to run it up inside the chimney. I think you will need to find a way to get that adapter on that bottom section and drop it back in and through. I would like to be wrong on this.

Last edited:
I have a Selkirk SureTemp chimney. I think the set up is the same and I am assuming that is where your chimney is supported not at the roof. Last week I added a damper above the stove collar so had things apart. The adapter that Johnclaude shows threads into the the bottom of of the bottom chimney section before it is set down into the support box. The crimped part of the adapter drops down through what your picture looks to show. Can you take a pic from a different angle? . The crimped end of the DSP pipe goes up outside the crimped end of the adapter. Yeah, crimped end over crimped end. The dsp pipe also slides up inside the lip of the round part of the box and is screwed to the lip through those holes.

Definitely don’t just try to run it up inside the chimney. I think you will need to find a way to get that adapter on that bottom section and drop it back in and through. I would like to be wrong on this.
I think you are right. Not going to be fun to pull it out but guess I should have figured it out before I put it in.