connecting outside air kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdez

Dec 29, 2009
eastern PA
i took my stove apart to do my first big cleaning and noticed that my OAK was just sort of sitting at the mouth of the stove. it was touching but the attachment screws weren't doing anything. it's a harman p61a and it looks like the tube goes into the stove mouth and then they put 2 self taping screws into the flexible pipe. But since the stove mouth screw holes are U shaped and not completely round holes - putting 2 self tapping screws into a soft pipe isn't doing anything to secure it. it's back the way it was, but i'm not happy with how it's attached.

If the OAK flex pipe won't slide over the outside of the air inlet (as it's supposed to be), I'd simply use some foil furnace tape to seal it to the stove inlet.

ah hah. it definitely wasn't over the outside but that makes more sense. it was stuffed into the stove inlet with the self tapping screws attempting to pull it back to the U hole's of the stove end. i'll try to slide it over the top and if that doesn't work i'll use some tape. thanks for explaining.

If you DO manage to get the flex pipe over the outside of the air inlet, a simple automotive hose clamp is all that's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.