considering Regency Hampton 1300 insert...Opinions???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chainsawdad

Hi Folks,

I'm looking into the Regency H1300 insert, and I'd love to hear about your experience with it if you have one. My first choice is the Jotul Rockland, but it looks like I may have clearance issues with that, so I'm checking out backups.

Thanks!

I've had one for just over a year now, and we love it. I don't know how it measures up spec wise with the Jotul, but it does well for us. We have a 2700 sf house, quad level, with the stove on the bottom floor and pretty good airflow for the heat to get up to the rest of the house. I basically try to use it 20/7 here in central VA when we need it. It will keep our thermostat, which is one floor up from the stove on the diagonal corner from where the stove is, from kicking on until around 3 or 4 in the morning during our normal winter weather (40*/25*). I can load it up with oak and 8 or 9 hours later when I get up still have a nice coal bed for a quick startup. I also love the brown enamel we got. We had to get the oversized surround, which ended up being a PITA to install compared to the normal one.

Check the reviews section here as well, lots more info. Good luck!

Set it and forget it! :) Love the stove. Heats well. Regency I2400 and hampton HI300 are the same stove with a pretty face, Regency I3100 is similiar just a slightly larger firebox!

Status
Not open for further replies.