Continuous igniter during normal operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JoshDave

Mar 8, 2022
Oregon
We have a Heat & Glo 6000GLX-IPI-S/-R fireplace, with a WSK300 controller. About a month ago, the wall control stopped functioning and displayed a symbol indicating a loss of communication between it and the control module. After resetting the controller, everything began working. However, now during normal operation, the igniter will occasionally fire off continuously. This does not affect operation. Cycling the fireplace off/on stops the igniter.

The IPI module (593-592) and the pilot assembly (2090-012) are good. Flames look good. At this point I'm thinking there's an issue with the WSK300 controller. Thoughts?

Have you cleaned the flame rectification rod? If it doesn’t sense a flame, it may be telling the module to send the electric pulse to the pilot assembly…
Just my $.02…

Have you cleaned the flame rectification rod? If it doesn’t sense a flame, it may be telling the module to send the electric pulse to the pilot assembly…
Just my $.02…
Thank you for the suggestion. I did clean the flame sensor, but that didn't help. I then replaced the pilot assembly (including the flame sensor), and the IPI module, but that didn't help either.

The odd thing about the issue: the flames stay lit when the igniter comes on.