Convection fan issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark_ms

Feeling the Heat
Jan 28, 2008
Upstate NY on VT Border
Late last season, my convection fan would turn full throttle when I turned on stove. I thought it may be circuit board. I changed circuit board with my backup, but same thing happened.

I can fire up stove as the combustion motor starts as it should.

I am thinking now it may be the control panel where you turn it on and adjust combustion and convection speeds..

any help would be appreciated.

Not to sound simplistic but have you oiled the bearings? I just yesterday rescued an electric space heater my wife was tossing. It’s a nice one too with wooden case ect but while the fan ran it just wasn’t really putting much air out there. No noise or noticeable sticking or binding either. I gave both sides a shot of spray oil and away it went. This is about the 4th time I’ve miraculously healed a dying electric fan by simply oiling it.. .Give it a shot ya never know

If your model has the low limit switch, my guess would be that is your culprit. You can try cleaning it, but if it’s stuck closed, it’s probably done for.

Signature lines do not display on all devices.
I never realized that signatures do not always show up in mobile devices I had made the assumption that ??? did not read my signature.
With that being said what happened to Bob Bares reply?

The replies were denigrating and deleted.

Reactions: Ssyko