Convection Temp.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StockHR

Jul 12, 2019
Vermont
My convection fan is blowing heat into the room at a constant 125 degrees. That about right?

Depends on the stove, how clean it is.

I keep it very clean. I’m just asking if 125 is normal, high or low. One thing the rocker switch is set to “low.”

Im on a manual mobile phone so if your stove make and model is in your signature I can’t see it. So i ask what make and model stove?

SSYKO In his sig it says Quadra-Fire Santa Fe

125F ?? that's got to feel 'cool' blowing on you??

Mine runs 325-440F output air temp depending on how clean and how hard I run it.

QUAD MVAE runs around 275 - 300* with Hamers hardwood pellets.

On low thats not bad its a lil lower than i would expect but a lot of the temp depends on the pellets being burned. My cb1200 runs cooler on low but on high mine gets up where bigjohn’s temps are.

Thanks Johneh;)

Thanks as always for the info. The 125 degrees is on low and our place is small so it keeps it nice and warm. Also I don’t burn a lot of pellets on low. As the temps fall into the 20’s I’ll run it on medium and see how high the temps gets. Since this my first stove I’m glad I found this forum since I’m not sure the place where I bought it from knows much more than I do. In fact with all of the reading on my stove and stoves in general I might even know a bit more than they do. Thanks again.

Your temp should be higher with a lower fan speed and all else being equal. 125 sounds very low to me, what are you burning for pellets and what is your pellet usage? I would play with the heat output switch and see how hot you can get it. Why, just because...