Cooking on the Harman TLC-2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke7237

Dec 9, 2005
Any of you TLC-2000 people get and use the grill insert? My wife insisted that we get it when we ordered the stove, and though I was skeptical we went ahead and got it. First attempt was a couple of boneless chicken breasts, and they came out great! Ribeyes seared perfectly! No off tastes at all. Only problem is the fat dripping into the fire spatters on the front glass a little bit, but it cleaned off pretty easy next time we had the stove cooled off.

Gonna try some chicken satay this evening :)

I'd be interested to hear what others are cooking on it

That is slick. But I get the impression from all of the raving about Pacific Energy stoves that a Summit insert would not only cook the chicken but would pluck it first too.

Hi Zeke,

I am glad to read that the cooking grill is working out for you. I have been interested in a Harman Oakwood cast iron stove that has the same feature. Problem is that the clearances are too large for my install :( It is gorgous but alas, it will not happen. Then I looked at the harman Exception ( I do not like plate steel too much but I will settle for it because it has top loading and a cooking grill, but again, clearances are 14 inch in a corner install.

So I have to settle for something else. Don't know yet what, but the midsized Lopi, Quadrafire and avalon stoves have small clearances. And the cast iron Hearthstone Shelburne (gorgous), but that is very expensive.

Still on the prowl for the ultimate stove (cast iron, top loading, grill, EPA II approved, non cat, and small clearances)

Carpniels

You should try cooking tenderloin on it once...Absolutley wonderful. To bad the TL200 doesn't have the rotisserie option like the Oakwood has....Now that is a cookin machine.

ANother reason I really like the Oakwood. Rotisserie!!!!!!!

Carpniels

using this option is awesome....slow cooked meal - can't beat it. Putting a beef or pork roast on one of the rotisseris for about 6 to 7 hours really is GREAT eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.