Cool little vid of my hometown...what about you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in Sherman, NY. One of the few old farm towns in my area that still mostly makes its living in agriculture. (My wife runs our farm, I work in the maintenance department for a Rochester based grocer, I take care of the Jamestown/Erie area) The whole town is an ag district. We have a "T" in town, with a stop sign, not even a blinky light. There are about 1600 people in the township, with most of them being in the village (about 900 there). Lots of Amish out here. We have one of the most liberal Amish communities around. Tractors, and grid electricity in shops/barns are the norm. The local school is one of the highest rated rural districts in WNY, and seems to graduate about 20-30 kids a year.

Not much has changed here in the last 100 years. If you look it up on Google, the only thing that has changed is that Main street is paved instead of dirt, and, depending on the time of year, there are still just as many horses, buggies, and carts in town.

Even with the small town politics, I wouldn't choose to live anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.