Correct vent kit for Majestic 36BDVRRN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D4v3

Dec 9, 2020
Canada
Hi,

Would anyone be able to point me to the correct direct vent kit for the Majestic 36BDVRRN would be? It will be rear vented through a regular drywall and wood sheeting wall.

Thank you in advance.

From the install manual...

1607644202033.png

Here is the COMPLETE manual:

From the install manual...

View attachment 269008

Here is the COMPLETE manual:

Hi Daksy,

Thank you very much for the link, I was looking at that but wasn't sure exactly what I needed. Was hoping there was just a kit at the Home Depot or somewhere that I could grab which would work. The manual speaks of clearances but then further it speaks of being able to use a zero clearance vent, really not sure what the best solution is. If you happen to know of a kit I could grab that would work I'd really appreciate it.

The manual tells you what vent pipe is approved for use with this unit.
You cannot use any other. Majestic is now owned by Hearth & Home Technologies.
Try to get the venting thru one of their dealers.

The manual tells you what vent pipe is approved for use with this unit.
You cannot use any other. Majestic is now owned by Hearth & Home Technologies.
Try to get the venting thru one of their dealers.

I mean, it's a metal pipe of a certain diameter, not sure how that would differ from any othervent pipe of that diameter. I doubt I'll be able to buy it through them so I'm just going to have to go with whatever I find off the shelf. From what I can tell there is no difference, it's a metal pipe.

Well, it's as I thought, none of the fireplace delaers can get the vent kits anymore. They said I'll have to tryt o put something together from a hardware store.

Listen to me. You MUST use what is specified by the manufacturer.
Your statement , "it's a metal pipe of a certain diameter, not sure
how that would differ from any other vent pipe of that diameter..."
You are not sure. I have been in this industry off & on for over 20 years
and I am telling you that I am not sure that this is SAFE. If you do not install a
gas burning appliance CORRECTLY, & according to the manufacturer's
instructions, the result can potentially be a FATALITY.
Be safe. Use what is specified. If you can't get the correct venting, then don't install it.

Again, can't get that vent and I'm not about to throw all this money away. I don't see how Napoleon's 4x7 vent and termination would be any different than the 4x7 pipe and termination that came with these fireplaces. They are both designed to perform the same function and the fit is the same, what's the difference??

I don't know. Manufacturers use different designs in order
for you to have to buy their products...
Different manufacturer's venting RARELY are compatible..
I've given you MY suggestion.
You can take it with a grain of salt.
I recommend you install it according to the manual.
If you want to deviate from that, & experiment,
it's your house & your family. Good luck.

I appreciate your input and your trying to help, I really do, but you haven't presented a logical argument or one grounded in reality as to why one 7" pipe different from another 7" pipe. Of course, these manufacturers tell you to buy theirs, they want your money, it doesn't mean that it's any different, let's think about this rationally.

I see absolutely no difference between one 4 inch pipe inside a 7 inch pipe and another with a different label printed on it. Looking at the manual they use the same vent kit for everything from their 33" to their 43" model, which tells me the specifications on the vent don't matter much. Heck, you can have a gas stove that puts out more BTU than one of these and requires absolutely no venting but the venting on one of these glorified BBQ's is a massive deal?

It's a few inches of pipe, that's all it is, I've built everything from houses to cars and a pipe is a pipe. Even the fireplace dealer told me to just go to Home Depot or Lowes and find something that would work. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for safety but I see no reasonable argument here that the same size vent kit from a different manufacturer wouldn't work just as well or be any less safe.

" a logical argument:" They are not compatible. They don't seal correctly.
Everything I have told you comes from my experience as an NFT gas certified
technician. I am not only trying to help you I am trying to make you understand
that what you want to do is dangerous. You came here looking for advice &
you got mine. Do with it as you please. I am done. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.