Costco Pellets - Eureka Brand $215/Ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get some Eureka's a few years back from agway and burned them in my quadrafire. I thought they we a pretty good pellet. And I would have no issues buying them again. I would be getting a few ton's if I could get them for $215 here in CT, A good deal in my book. I am pretty sure a member by the name of krooser burns then and also speaks good things about them too!

But the rule is to always try before you buy large amounts. Just in case you stove doesn't like them. Every stove is a bit different and some are down right picky about what goes in the hopper. Just to be on the safe side!

jay

I used to live near that Eureka pellet mill. I was able to get them for $85 a ton in 2004 after that they got too expensive. I cant believe what the charge for them now.

I burned a 1.2 tons of Eureka's last winter and they are a great pellet. They are a fir/pine mix. My dealer sells a 60 bag skid for $300... that's $250/ton.... still a good deal for a quality pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.