Costs for installing Enviro P3 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tomster

Nov 6, 2021
Annapolis, MD
Hello, new to the forum. I am considering purchasing an Enviro P3 pellet stove to heat my upstairs area. About 600sq. feet but with a high ceiling. I think this stove could work. I received a detailed quote for installation and a few things struck me as way over priced. The stove itself is priced at around $3,900 which I thought was high but it's hard to find pricing information online. Secondly the actual installation charge is $1,200! So is this $60/hr X 2 installers for 10 hours? Seems about double what it should be. Any advice or thoughts on these prices. Total for everything is $6881. For installing in front of an existing pre-fab fireplace. We do have a high ceiling where the chimney is, probably 25 feet high, but I've been on the roof several times with no issues. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum
Remember that the price for installation includes parts
Are they going to use the fireplace chimney?
Is the chimney a class A or brick and mortar?
The stove is priced about right as to the installation no idea
always do my own

Reactions: SidecarFlip
So do I (do it myself) but venting is very expensive so I'd say the price is in line of it includes parts and labor. As a rule, the venting will cost about 1/3 of the stove price if you have a fairly long run.

Go price the venting on www.ventingpipe.com you'll get the idea real quick.

Welcome to the forum
Remember that the price for installation includes parts
Are they going to use the fireplace chimney?
Is the chimney a class A or brick and mortar?
The stove is priced about right as to the installation no idea
always do my own
Yes, they will vent it up the existing fireplace chimney with a flex tube I think. The $1200 looks like labor to me as there are other line items for adapters, pipes, storm collar, cap etc. I do not have brick and mortar but a prefab which I guess it Class A. I currently have an old Hetilator in the fireplace and we burn wood but 90% of the heat goes right up the flue. Thanks for your response.

So do I (do it myself) but venting is very expensive so I'd say the price is in line of it includes parts and labor. As a rule, the venting will cost about 1/3 of the stove price if you have a fairly long run.

Go price the venting on www.ventingpipe.com you'll get the idea real quick.
Thanks! I looked at the link and to compare one line item in my estimate for a "Pellet 3" Flex 35' " they are asking $645 for this part. I didn't see anything on your link above near this price. I imagine there is markup on materials and I think the install is including their profit. But overall if the total price at $6881 is reasonable then I might go for it. Wish I could trust myself with the install but I'd rather not.

Are you leaving the fireplace in or removing it?
I had an 0 clearance fireplace took it out reworked
the 6 in class a chimney and install the stove in the opening
But I have many skills master of some

DSCF1043.JPG DSCF1045.JPG

Reactions: tomster