Country E240??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mt Ski Bum

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2011
Dillon, Mt
A local guy is selling this Country insert at a good price, he says it is from the 90s... the only problem is, is that the label says it is an E-240, C-240, or CE-240, and I can't seem to find any reference to a Country model by any of those names anywhere on the interwebs! Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a manual for it? I've searched high & low all across the internet with no luck...

Also, I am used to burning Lopi/Avalon stoves... how does this Country model compare in quality & performance to Lopi/Avalon?
received_870647961517124.jpegreceived_338181808841999.jpeg

Last edited:
Finding info or manuals for pre-1995 Country stoves can be a challenge. The are good stoves. I'm pretty sure this is the Country Convertor C-240. The Elite models had the same firebox but in a bay style insert. Does this stove have secondary tubes under the baffle? What is the baffle construction?

This one looks like it may be the predecessor to the C210 insert. In general terms, Country stoves are well-built and stout. They would be similar to the Avalon line. Both were made in WA state.

Finding info or manuals for pre-1995 Country stoves can be a challenge. The are good stoves. I'm pretty sure this is the Country Convertor C-240. The Elite models had the same firebox but in a bay style insert. Does this stove have secondary tubes under the baffle? What is the baffle construction?

This one looks like it may be the predecessor to the C210 insert. In general terms, Country stoves are well-built and stout. They would be similar to the Avalon line. Both were made in WA state.

Thanks for the info... any tips or tricks on finding manuals or info on those pre-1995 models?

I haven't seen the unit in person yet, these are just the pictures the seller sent me- it won't be ready for pick up for another couple weeks when his new insert gets here, but I'm pretty sure it has secondary burn tubes.

Also, do they still make replacement parts for these early 90s stoves? That's a big make or break deal if I can't get replacement parts for the stove when the original ones wear out... one of the things I like so much about Lopi/Avalon stoves... replacement parts are easy to find & order, even for 30-year old models.

I haven't found any old Country manuals. The factory is still there in Auburn, WA. They are under the Ironstrike brand now.

There aren't many replaceable parts. They would be the burn tubes, the baffle, firebricks, glass, and gaskets. All of these are likely able to be found or substituted. What are they asking for it? if $250 or less, then it is a decent deal, but ask for an interior shot up toward the baffle and secondary tubes first.

Last edited:
I haven't found any old Country manuals. The factory is still there in Auburn, WA. They are under the Ironstrike brand now.

There aren't many replaceable parts. They would be the burn tubes, the baffle, firebricks, glass, and gaskets. All of these are likely able to be found or substituted. What are they asking for it? if $250 or less, then it is a decent deal, but ask for an interior shot up toward the baffle and secondary tubes first.
He said $250, maybe less.

Firebricks , gaskets (assuming I figure out what size they are without a manual) & glass are easy, but it's parts like burn tubes & baffle parts that tend to be specific to a certain stove that concern me... this stove would get extensive use in one of our guest cabins at the local hotspring resort- we've been slowly replacing all the beat-to-crap 40-50 year old stoves & inserts in the cabins whenever we can find good deals on EPA stoves, so far all of our replacements have been Avalon & Lopi, & I've found them incredibly easy to restore/work on.

The early Country's used to use standard firebrick for the baffle. That's why a picture of the baffle and tubes would help. The tubes often can be home made out of stainless tubing if needed and one is handy.

If you can find a Lopi Endeavor insert, that was a good, medium-sized workhorse. Avalon stoves have been discontinued for several years now and parts are getting scarcer, but the same thing applies as with the old Country insert. Also watch out for Pacific Energy inserts. They are tough and parts are still available going back to around 1992.