Country Flame R-6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

5 Oaks

Dec 29, 2021
Springdale, AR
I have used a country flame R-6 stove for years without a catalytic converter (Combustor). I finally ordered one and tried to install it but had questions about the orientation of the steel plate that the converter sits on. Does the notch go towards the glass (front of the stove) or is it oriented towards the middle of the stove. It is confusing because when I removed the steel plate, the notch was oriented towards the middle of the firebox. It seems like the converter, which sits on the plate and a part of it is exposed by the notch, would receive direct flames. Articles I have read warn against flame impingement which will damage the converter. I hope this isn't too confusing. Thank you.

IMG_2801.JPG IMG_2802.JPG

Thank you Mellow. I looked for a cat holder and a screen. I did not find any in my initial search but emailed a company to see if they could locate the right parts. I appreciate you taking time to send me the link to the manual.

I'm not sure of my model but I just got country flame cat and holder and mine originally had the same plate so I assume same from mountain view hearth and it bolted right up
20220122_153158.jpg
Screenshot_20220123-215712_Gmail.jpg

Hello Heavensheros- Very interesting. Does that mean the original plate is not used and replaced by the cat holder you bought? Any chance you could send additional photos such as the bottom of the holder? Thank you very much. Brenan

The bottom of the holder is a solid steel plate has a flame shield for the cat, You can see a picture of it installed in my other thread that i made. and yes the holder replaces the steel plate