Countryside Baby Magnum Feeding too fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brown352

Jan 18, 2014
Cincinnati
It just happened today. Came home from work, and it was overloaded with pellets,and had burned out. I shut it down, cleaned it out, put pellets in, lit and turned back on.

The auger is feeding the pellets so fast that they're just piling up in the pan, and the pan overfills and it burns itself out again.

Never have had this problem until today.

Help please

Is there anything that I should be cleaning other than the ash pan, the pellet pan and the pan that holds the pellets and shake the handle above the door to loosen ash? What do I do?

Go to their website and read.You need to take stove apart and clean,also clean chimney.Their web also has service bulletins and lots of other stuff.

Don't know about links on this forum.Go to american energy systems,click tech support,click tech. documents and you will find all kinds of drop down menus.

Thanks, have already looked through everything there and sent a message to tech support. The auger is feeding every 8 seconds. The fire is suffocating.

Is there anything that I should be cleaning other than the ash pan, the pellet pan and the pan that holds the pellets and shake the handle above the door to loosen ash? What do I do?
Heat exchanger, combustion motor, convection fan, exhaust pipe, intake pipe etc..

As the forum members recommended above, go to the AES website and click on support and then Tech Support and then click Manuals and then click Magnum Baby Countryside, look under Technical Bulletins , Information Bulletins and Operational/Trouble Shooting Guide. These are PDF files and you should have Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader/Accrobat or other PDF reader programs on your computer to access them. Read thru the different manuals and you'll see the info you need. Good Luck!

The links are here:
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/owners-manuals.cfm
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/owners-manuals.cfm
http://www.americanenergysystems.co...-0017InfoBBuildupofExcessFuelintheFirepot.pdf

Thank you for the links, We've read the owners manuals, I just read the buildup pdf, and all it says is to contact service technician, it doesn't tell you how to fix it.

We've cleaned it, we've searched here, and nothing we're doing is fixing the problem. There has to be something we're missing for this to have just started doing this on Friday.

It was burning great before that.

Important Magnum Baby CountrySide behind the firebox cleanout?
Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Mar 13, 2013.

This is a good thread to describe a spot in the stove that is very prone to plugging. I would also check all gaskets ( door and ash pan ) for an air leak. Check you outdoor air kit for an obstruction. Hope this helps.......

Thanks Rafmt
Blasting out that top chamber behind the firebox is crucial to ever getting the stove to burn properly again,
Also recommend the Stainless Steel Wood pellet burn pot upgrade and the High Speed Exhaust Blower Upgrade.
Make sure the jumper on the control board is on Pins 1 & 2 for wood pellets for auger timing.
Here is the Link
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ind-the-firebox-cleanout.107437/#post-1406446

Here is the video I made that saved this stove from the scrap yard! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/embed/iHPQkps1ML4

Yes, thank you. We've been reading that particular thread all afternoon. We saw where some were drilling a blowout hole to get the "U" behind the firebox clean, and I'm not sure where they are putting the hole. Don2222, we also watched your video earlier, but can't see where you're putting the hold to put the air compressor on it to blow it out.

Yes, thank you. We've been reading that particular thread all afternoon. We saw where some were drilling a blowout hole to get the "U" behind the firebox clean, and I'm not sure where they are putting the hole. Don2222, we also watched your video earlier, but can't see where you're putting the hold to put the air compressor on it to blow it out.

Open the right side door, measure 6" down from the top and 5-1/2" from the front and start drilling. Good Luck.

Okay, we've run a hose all the way through the U, it was not blocked. The AES tech support wanted pictures, said it was bad fuel or not getting air. Our other pellet stove is burning fine on the same fuel. He also said that we were using a corn pot instead of a pellet pot. So, here's a picture of both, which is pellet and which is corn?

Attachments

• IMG_1454[1].JPG
    IMG_1454[1].JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 424
Okay, we've run a hose all the way through the U, it was not blocked. The AES tech support wanted pictures, said it was bad fuel or not getting air. Our other pellet stove is burning fine on the same fuel. He also said that we were using a corn pot instead of a pellet pot. So, here's a picture of both, which is pellet and which is corn?

They both are the corn pots, not the Stainless Steel wood pellet pot - part # BC 2600

PC me with your email for a pic.

They say bad fuel way too often! Sometimes if bags of pellets are stored over the summer and absorb moisture then they do not throw off as much heat.

The updated high speed exhaust blower - part # mf-3650 will also help a lot.

Last edited:
Don did you click the picture? There are two pots in the big picture. If you're only looking at the thumb nail, then we are burning the correct pot. The pot on the right (you can't see it in the thumbnail) is the one we're using. Sorry, I didn't see you said they both were corn pots. They have very different amount of holes in them.

Which one is everyone modifying?

Last edited:
This is a picture of my burn pot. I welded all the rest of the holes shut. I also had holes on the side walls of the burn pot that I plugged with high temp muffler putty that I got from a local auto parts store.use a thin layer, trying to just fill the holes.if it is to thick the burn pot has a tough time coming out. The front edge and the back edge of the burn pot have to seat properly so all air flow is directed thru the holes in the burn pot. Have you blocked off some of the air wash? Hope this helps.....
image.jpg

Yes, we've blocked the air wash, I just don't understand why it would have an air problem now, when we haven't had a problem? It's a pain in the rear, it's going to be Zero again here tomorrow. :(

AES will always blame you or the fuel, thats how they roll cause the products they make are indeed the very best::P

It took me twice cleaning the horseshoe area of this stove. I finally tipped the stove on its side and tapped on the area,while using air and a wire. Mine was very plugged with soot. Carefully check all gaskets for leaks. When pellets drop into your burn pot do sparks fly up? Do you have any up burnt pellets in your burn pot that you have to empty out after running it?

rafmt, I can't get it to burn long enough to get ash now. It USED to throw up sparks when it was burning. We ran a hose through the U area, and was able to move it back and forth. Now, if it lights and burns, it just blackens the pellets and burns out.

Attachments

• IMG_1455[1].JPG
    IMG_1455[1].JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 324
Status
Not open for further replies.