covering the old fireplace hole...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsandlin0803

Dec 23, 2008
Eastern KY
I am going to be installing my wood stove soon.

I will need something to cover the hole where the old fireplace was. What do you guys recommend to use? Could I get a piece of steel and paint it black?

My pipe will go in a hole around 4 feet up the fireplace, so I don't need the opening where the old fireplace was.

Thanks
Jason

Can't help you, but the end of my living room next to the chimney is painted over paneling.
I would love to rip it out and see what is under there, but would then just have to put it all back.

If you can post a picture of what you are starting with that might help get people's creative juices working if they can visualize what the circumstances are better.

pen

Bricks, Steel, very small rocks, Churches.... The list goes on.

I'm going to be doing the same thing. I'm going to brick in but set it back 2 inches so the bricks don't have to match

Status
Not open for further replies.