Cracked Fire Box - Old Clayton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

supertech1979

Nov 7, 2015
Kentucky
C5D0D046-868A-4026-AE08-44F99B138F84.jpeg
134E495C-F463-4867-8E62-7EDAB9756310.jpeg
E9567638-5069-4E0A-ABFF-75D3F608E240.jpeg
6DF06990-5AC0-4403-918A-D81CF14B2060.jpeg
B759AAFE-5CF8-4FB0-A944-D1E31A9A1448.jpeg

I have a crack in the firebox of my Clayton furnace. It has a big blower with a filter, induction motor, and thermostat hooked to it. I think I could reuse all this stuff. But how can I buy the replacement furnace that will match the parts I am going to salvage?

Hopefully someone can ID the Clayton model by the pics or can help me through the research. Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Can't help much with the model, but been around Mankato all my life and never knew Jones metal products made some of the claytons.
https://jonesmetalinc.com/ - Still going strong and don't think they would be much help but you never know..

View attachment 229283 View attachment 229284 View attachment 229285 View attachment 229286 View attachment 229287

I have a crack in the firebox of my Clayton furnace. It has a big blower with a filter, induction motor, and thermostat hooked to it. I think I could reuse all this stuff. But how can I buy the replacement furnace that will match the parts I am going to salvage?

Hopefully someone can ID the Clayton model by the pics or can help me through the research. Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Usstove still carries them. They are sold under coal only since they do not meet EPA standards. Why spend that kind of money and still have an outdated furnace that is an energy hog? I would look into an EPA model for sure, dont think you would be disappointed with the reduction of wood usage.

Reactions: brenndatomu
Time to start over with new to you stuff.
That boiler is like a dial phone,will still work but nobody uses them unless they have to.

Time to start over with new to you stuff.
That boiler is like a dial phone,will still work but nobody uses them unless they have to.

boiler? I don't see no boiler. :p

Looks pretty long in the tooth. There is no way I would fire that inside my house. Black pipe looks pretty bad too. Lots of other options out there and you still have time if you get on it.
Have you got a family in that house with that appliance?

He's not asking about fixing it & running it. He's asking what furnace he can get to replace it that can use the same forced draft fan, blower unit, & stat.

I think.

I personally HATE a forced draft furnace...and the big (duct) blower could be kept around and adapted to another furnace for an emergency repair maybe...same for the fan/limit switch. That said I would take this opportunity to upgrade to something better...better as in something more user friendly and efficient, not just better condition (that one is obvious)

Reactions: STIHLY DAN