Washed-Up Posted By Washed-Up, Dec 28, 2018 at 9:16 AM

1. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
    Once in a while someone pops up with a Craig's list or Kijiji find. Maybe we could start a sticky thread for finds and such that may help the community. We could help someone get into a reasonably priced pellet stove.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Washed-Up likes this.
  4. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
  5. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
  6. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
  7. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I've been researching the harman p68 and I can't find any specifications on how many pounds of pellets it Burns based on its output settings. Even the owners manual that I saw didn't have any information on that. All I know is more btu's you want the more pallets your burning.

8. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    That goes for any stove

SpaceBus likes this.
  9. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    I've read on this site people saying up to a bag and a half a day in a bigger home...still cheaper than propane in most cases.

10. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    This is the case for all heating appliances, regardless of fuel type. Some appliances and/or fuels are more efficient than others. Electrical resistance heat is 100% efficient, but electricity can be very expensive. The more important figure to research is the efficiency rating, which can be used to calculate BTU/hr depending on fuel.

11. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    I have the harman P61...other than slightly smaller burnpot, identical to P68.
    pellet consumption is in direct recipe of your settings.. feed rate/ temp selected/ blower fan speed.
    a 40lb bag can last close to a day if not real cold..
    also. can go thru 2-40 lb bags in 24 hrs if exstreme cold/ maybe 3 bags.
    also depends on burning 24/7 or not..

12. Connecticut Yankee

Connecticut Yankee
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Surely there are too many imponderables for the manufacturer to attempt to publish such figures. They'd be taken as an implied promise, and people who used more pellets would complain.

My stove has a high efficiency rating and puts out a lot of BTU's, but the pellet consumption varies considerably with the outside temperature and whether we run the stove on its lowest setting (usually more than adequate) or need to bump it up. In the short time we've had the stove, I've seen consumption vary from 40 lbs. every couple of days to around 60 lbs. a day.

13. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
  14. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
  15. Misterfredsr

Misterfredsr
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2019
    Loc:
    PA. Delaware Water Gap
  16. Misterfredsr

Misterfredsr
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2019
    Loc:
    PA. Delaware Water Gap
  17. theTroutlaw

theTroutlaw
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Funny, my brother picked this stove up a few weeks ago from this guy (Steve. He's excellent, runs a company called Valley Stove Works. We installed it this past weekend, more than happy! A good deal, we passed on many of these stoves in much worse shape for $2-3k.

Misterfredsr likes this.
  18. zrock

zrock
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    Just missed a smoking deal on a by the looks of it newer quadra... Free.... They were getting rid of it because everyone was to lazy to read teh instructions and learn how to use it and the glas was getting soot on it..LOL

Washed-Up likes this.
  19. Tim_M

Tim_M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Halifax, NS
    J.P likes this.
  20. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
  21. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Washed-Up likes this.
  22. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Maybe in your mind

Washed-Up likes this.
  23. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    not that it matters, but I meant that in a good way..
    a "Beast" when it comes to producing monster heat over and above many pellet stoves...

Washed-Up likes this.