Craig's list/Kijiji FIND

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Once in a while someone pops up with a Craig's list or Kijiji find. Maybe we could start a sticky thread for finds and such that may help the community. We could help someone get into a reasonably priced pellet stove.

I've been researching the harman p68 and I can't find any specifications on how many pounds of pellets it Burns based on its output settings. Even the owners manual that I saw didn't have any information on that. All I know is more btu's you want the more pallets your burning.

I've been researching the harman p68 and I can't find any specifications on how many pounds of pellets it Burns based on its output settings. Even the owners manual that I saw didn't have any information on that. All I know is more btu's you want the more pallets your burning.

That goes for any stove

Reactions: SpaceBus
I've read on this site people saying up to a bag and a half a day in a bigger home...still cheaper than propane in most cases.

This is the case for all heating appliances, regardless of fuel type. Some appliances and/or fuels are more efficient than others. Electrical resistance heat is 100% efficient, but electricity can be very expensive. The more important figure to research is the efficiency rating, which can be used to calculate BTU/hr depending on fuel.

I have the harman P61...other than slightly smaller burnpot, identical to P68.
pellet consumption is in direct recipe of your settings.. feed rate/ temp selected/ blower fan speed.
a 40lb bag can last close to a day if not real cold..
also. can go thru 2-40 lb bags in 24 hrs if exstreme cold/ maybe 3 bags.
also depends on burning 24/7 or not..

Surely there are too many imponderables for the manufacturer to attempt to publish such figures. They'd be taken as an implied promise, and people who used more pellets would complain.

My stove has a high efficiency rating and puts out a lot of BTU's, but the pellet consumption varies considerably with the outside temperature and whether we run the stove on its lowest setting (usually more than adequate) or need to bump it up. In the short time we've had the stove, I've seen consumption vary from 40 lbs. every couple of days to around 60 lbs. a day.

Reactions: Misterfredsr
Just missed a smoking deal on a by the looks of it newer quadra... Free.... They were getting rid of it because everyone was to lazy to read teh instructions and learn how to use it and the glas was getting soot on it..LOL

Reactions: Washed-Up