Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Seasoned wood that has just been split!!! Haha yra that oak is going to look like they hosed it down prior to delivery even after a year! The green wood folks will like that. The ones that r not truly green wood guys the ones who can't or don't burn it as soon as they sever the stump! But that's still green and still is no where near seasoned!

This ad has been posted for months.....

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
I have a couple trees that need to be cut down and who ever cuts them can have the wood . they both are close to my garage so they will need to be taken down in sections without damaging my garage if interested call me 724 684 6869
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offer

I'm embarrassed to say this is not far from me. Maybe I should give him a call just for fun.

Not everyone in Pgh is this naive I promise.

Reactions: Snigg
;lol;lol;lol
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/4263983133.html
Wanted-Someone To Take Down Tall Trees-Wood From One In Exchange (Arlington)

Looking for someone with experience, to fell several tall fir and hemlock trees, drop two at a time and take firewood from one as payment, and cut other into 16" rounds, so I can split it for my own firewood. Thanks.
But actually now that your done I think half of the first tree is enough for your work....

I generally don't like buying firewood but I am getting a little low this year so I thought I would try craigslist. I found a guy who had "seansoned wood" So I talked to him on the phone and he said his was cut and stacked for a least a year and his price was good. I thought great it should at least be ok. Well I get to his place and split and few logs and tested them with my moisture meter and they all were 35-40% MC so I asked him when they were split and he finally said within the last week...I did not really need a moisture meter the wood was just about dripping. Anyway, I thought I would buy a load anyways and stack it for next to help me get ahead. As I was talking to the guy he got on this rant that the wood would never be drier than it was right now because of the moisture in the air?? I tried to explain to him that if left split it will dry considerably in a fairly short amount of time. He then said that in order to have dry firewood I would have to WRAP IT IN PLASTIC FROM TOP TO BOTTON TO LET IT DRY.
He was very clear that that's how to dry firewood. I mean really? I think he thought I was nuts for asking for dry firewood. After the comment about the plastic
I decided not to buy any wood from him just on principle. I just cannot support such ignorance, especially from a place that appeared to sell a fair amount of wood.
I the funniest part for me was me trying to explain to my kids why we went to buy firewood but did not actually come home with anything. oh well

Couldn't resist posting this one. Come cut down my trees. You'll have to climb them to remove the limbs from the top down before you drop them. In exchange for the free cherry wood leave me your pick up, small child, etc:

Very large cherry trees for firewood for your ? (Middletown,De)

I'm looking for either a golf cart,Guns,Crossbow,Small kids dirt bike,Adult size 4 wheeler,Hunting or fishing stuff,small pickup truck,or ?.I have some very nice , large cheery trees that I'm willing to trade.Must be cut down.Someone will need to climb and cut some off before dropping the whole tree.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/bar/4291094195.html

Seasoned, split firewood for sale - $175 (Simsbury)
00707_dm5IEPdohuJ_600x450.jpg

Split, stacked and seasoned wood for sale 175/cord delivered. 10 dollars off per extra cord. Contact Adam at Adam's Tree Service (860)817-9594. We are a fully licensed and insured tree company out of Manchester, Ct and have very competitive rates, call today to schedule a free estimate.

Sounds great (especially the price for our area), but I called.

Me: "Just curious, what kind of wood is it and how long has it been split?"
Him: "Mostly oak and some maple."
Me: "Great. And how long ago was it split?"
Him: "It's not split yet, but don't worry it won't take me long to do. The trees were cut a year ago so it's good to go."
Me: "Thanks so much and have a great day."

Funny thing, I do believe that HE BELIEVES it's good to go.

I would have him on the way with six cord in a heartbeat.

I would have him on the way with six cord in a heartbeat.

Funny, you gave me the idea to stockpile some primo stuff. I called back and asked if he had any BL and he said he just gives that away because he wasn't sure how it burned. !!!

This definitely convinces me he isn't trying to hustle anyone with "seasoned" firewood, but generally doesn't know.

I told him black locust was amazing and he should definitely keep it to sell to people like me in the future!

If he was near me my saws and splitter would be headed for craigslist.

$200 and up.

Reactions: Tom Wallace
Duh... I didn't think of that. but its more fun my way.

Reactions: BillLion