Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
License is nothing more than paying the tax and getting paper from County or State. For Bond it's like Car Insurance. If you want to collect on it you have to take them to court.

Free 100 ft tall hickory tree.... 15 ft away from the house and must grind the stump. Lol.

Screenshot_2019-02-26-13-54-25.png

I'll take the wood leave the brush and send
over a family of beavers to grind the stump ;)
Would that work for them ?

I guess there are some trees you can cut and burn on the same day. Sad that this family is in a pickle, but what they are doing probably is not a good idea

firewood.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this exact add about once per month
If you're implying this is a scam, that's a shame. Charity scammers give people too many excuses to be leery, or not give at all.

Reactions: JimBear
Well maybe someone here in that area could respond with a 1/4 cord and when they come to pick it up see what they show up in to get it? 2019 Silverado 4 X 4 maybe it is a scam. 2004 Tacoma with rust through probably not? Yes, no?

Well maybe someone here in that area could respond with a 1/4 cord and when they come to pick it up see what they show up in to get it? 2019 Silverado 4 X 4 maybe it is a scam. 2004 Tacoma with rust through probably not? Yes, no?

You can buy a house for the price of some of the new trucks with all the goodies added. I'd probably be asking around for free wood too if I bought one of those.

Really Ash 4 $ a lb.
I have lost thousands and thousands
of dollars over the last 50 years
Now I will have to kick my ASH all
the way to the furnace

If you're implying this is a scam, that's a shame. Charity scammers give people too many excuses to be leery, or not give at all.
I don't know if it's a scam or not. There is always free wood cl ads around Philadelphia area if someone is willing to get it out. Some wood is better than others, but free wood ads are always there. I just don't see a need for regular post like this year round.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
If you're looking tor a cheap foundation for your next wood shed....

Un.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cornflakes
I’m having a hard enough time getting someone to take my Fisher for free (brother supposed to get it....), couldn’t imagine asking for money for it. If I don’t have to help get it up around the house to the driveway I’m good, no money needed.

Was thinking about the fuel crisis is Europe and started thinking how some of these ads would have merit over there, and maybe on this side of the pond in the not-so-distant future. :eek:

Reactions: Ashful