Craigslist Stove Information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mm636421

Jun 21, 2018
PA
Hey all!

New here but figured someone here might be able to help me. I'm looking at an insert on CraigsList but don't know any info about it. Person selling it says it doesn't have brand or anything printed on the unit itself so he wasn't too sure. Does anyone know what kind this is based off the attached pic? I asked for more pics and will post them when they come through.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
The picture makes it look like the front isn't even airtight- I don't know what that is but I would question whether it's even a stove insert.

If it's an insert, it has a dataplate on it somewhere that lists manufacturer and model.

In any case, I wouldn't take it for anything but scrap metal, based on how the doors are set up.

I have to agree. It looks homemade. The doors remind me of a smoker. Not that all homemade stuff is bad, but since it hasn't been tested, insurance companies might frown on it.

Appreciate the info. I decided to pass on it after seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator: