Curious if Anyone is still burning Harman woodstoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodspliter

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2020
Maine
Hello my name is Dave I'm from Maine and this my first post on this forum it looks like you guys have a lot of great content here and people willing to help others. I have a Harman tl 2.6 its going on our 4th season with this stove. I've been burning wood for about ten years now our first stove was the USC 2000 country hearth it was a great stove for the price but it was to small to heat our 1100 square foot ranch from our finished basement, so we decided to purchase a new stove and went with the Harman because it was local and I really Liked the top capability. So four years later still like the overall concept of the stove but not very pleased with the durability of the refactory components.Its no wonder why the stopped making them a year after I purchased mine, I was able tho to get the parts warranted but haven't installed them yet. I like to hang on to it but I'm tempted into replacing it with a more conventional burn tube stove like the T6 or jotul. I've never used I downdraft stove before and I didn't realize how much babysitting they need. I'd love some feedback thanks

Hello my name is Dave I'm from Maine and this my first post on this forum it looks like you guys have a lot of great content here and people willing to help others. I have a Harman tl 2.6 its going on our 4th season with this stove. I've been burning wood for about ten years now our first stove was the USC 2000 country hearth it was a great stove for the price but it was to small to heat our 1100 square foot ranch from our finished basement, so we decided to purchase a new stove and went with the Harman because it was local and I really Liked the top capability. So four years later still like the overall concept of the stove but not very pleased with the durability of the refactory components.Its no wonder why the stopped making them a year after I purchased mine, I was able tho to get the parts warranted but haven't installed them yet. I like to hang on to it but I'm tempted into replacing it with a more conventional burn tube stove like the T6 or jotul. I've never used I downdraft stove before and I didn't realize how much babysitting they need. I'd love some feedback thanks
There are some people that figure out their harmans and love them. They can be absolute monster heaters. But most people we work for have an experience similar to yours

I just wanted a little insight form other owners, I still love the stove but not impressed with the costly up keep. It does a great job heating our space sometimes maybe too good. I'd love other Harman owners to chime in

I just wanted a little insight form other owners, I still love the stove but not impressed with the costly up keep. It does a great job heating our space sometimes maybe too good. I'd love other Harman owners to chime in
I have never and will never own one. But I maintain 30 to 40 of them. So I have some idea what the maintenance on them is like.

I ve been pretty lucky so far I've only replaced one of the fire bricks it was broken up pretty badly. The inlet brick has a hair line crack but its still in one piece. I took it out before the beginning of the season to clean the combustion pakage. The shoe brick is worn but still in one piece and working. I still get clean secondary combustion but I think I may be on borrowed time with the combustion package there was a little melted pile of combustion package I assume when I cleaned it last. So I think if I get though the next year with I'll be doing pretty good.

I ve been pretty lucky so far I've only replaced one of the fire bricks it was broken up pretty badly. The inlet brick has a hair line crack but its still in one piece. I took it out before the beginning of the season to clean the combustion pakage. The shoe brick is worn but still in one piece and working. I still get clean secondary combustion but I think I may be on borrowed time with the combustion package there was a little melted pile of combustion package I assume when I cleaned it last. So I think if I get though the next year with I'll be doing pretty good.
Yeah that is definitely pretty good

Outa curiosity what stove are you running bholler?
Right now a blazeking princess that someone let me borrow. I also have a regency 3100. Have had a big quad. A Cawley lemay 600 a few other older ones as well.

What do you want to know after owning one. I'm on my 3rd TL300.
I am thinking that the fact that you have had to replace 2 of them in under 15 years says something about the durability of the stoves.

So what besides the damper assy have you seen?
Just constant interior parts replacement. Damper and lid mechanism problems. Most I see scrapped could still be rebuilt but the people are done dumping money into them.