Damper Actuator Crank Timer - SETON

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMann

Jun 27, 2008
Southern PA
In one of my past threads I brought up the topic of closing the damper during a low temp point so that it would preserve coals. One person responded that they make this happen by using a crank timer on the damper.

-Anyone have a link, photo, or idea of where to look at or purchase one of these? I have searched the web to no avail...

Hi Jmann sorry for not catching the thread ,lifes getting pretty busy right now.The timer is an Intermatic timer the same style used for bathroom exhaust fans just a longer time delay.I use the 12 hour one so I only crank it half way around easier on the spring they cost me about 40 bucks.Your local electrical supplier should be able to order them.Search for Intermatic timer on the Internet that should get you there.

Great - thanks for getting back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.