Damper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

veggiemama

May 10, 2023
Vermont
Ok… just want to double check here. Our used regency f2100m does NOT need a damper on the stove pipe correct? We just use the knob thingy 🤪 whatever it’s called to regulate air flow?? We are hoping to install it soon and I have the double wall stove pipe for it, but need an adapter for the flue outlet. I see some come with a damper so want to double check. Thank you!!

It probably will not need a stove pipe damper unless the flue system is quite tall, like over 25'.

Has the stove pipe been tried on the flue collar without any adapter? Some stove pipe fits without it.

Reactions: veggiemama
If the cost difference between an adapter with or without the damper is negligible, put in the one with the damper (I would say if height is 20'+...?). If you don't need it, oh well. If you put in one without and end up needing it you have to pull the pipe apart and replace it. This was a learning experience for me with 24' of vertical height; ended up replacing the no damper adapter with one that has the damper - much more controllable and more effective burns in my NC30.

Reactions: veggiemama
It probably will not need a stove pipe damper unless the flue system is quite tall, like over 25'.

Has the stove pipe been tried on the flue collar without any adapter? Some stove pipe fits without it.
Thank you! The stove pipe’s make end doesn’t seem to fit in the flue opening….

If the cost difference between an adapter with or without the damper is negligible, put in the one with the damper (I would say if height is 20'+...?). If you don't need it, oh well. If you put in one without and end up needing it you have to pull the pipe apart and replace it. This was a learning experience for me with 24' of vertical height; ended up replacing the no damper adapter with one that has the damper - much more controllable and more effective burns in my NC30.
Makes sense… thank you!